Yay...July 14th...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nrwrit3r, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I finally ordered my iPhone, but it was forced to be delivered on July 14th.

If I change it to pickup at a store...

I'm wondering if I can get into the pre-order line, even though I would have technically pre-ordered for July 14th pickup? I mean I have a feeling it will be so hectic that they will just do it for me.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No. Apple has sold out of ALL preorder and "reserve" stock for the 24th. You could try the non-reserve line though.

3. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

But if I wait in line, are they really going to turn me away? I mean maybe they would...dunno

4. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

They will if they run out of phones.....

5. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

If you want iPhone 4 on June 24th, you will need to line up early. You are not guaranteed a phone.

6. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

"Turn me away?"

There are two lines. One for people who had reserved, and one for everyone else. They'll have two piles of phones; again, for reserves and for people who just show up.

7. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    Depending on where you are, you won't even be able to get ON the line if you didn't reserve a phone. Some stores will make sure you reserved before letting you get on line.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have a feeling that the iPhone 4 delivery day is going to be a BIG DEAL at the store. I got one reserved at the Jacksonville store but likely will not pick it up as FedEx delivers around 10 to one I ordered through AT&T.

If I were you I would be in line the 2nd day and the phones reserved but not picked up will be on sale.;)

9. r3voLoL macrumors member

I just reserved my iPhone also. Hopefully it will be at my house on the 14th seeing as thats my birthday! What an awesome present that would be!

10. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Glad I got to BB to pre-order on the 24th, it seems that some ppl may not see an iPhone until it is on Verizon they are so backed up :D

11. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm but I'm wondering if I can get into the pre-order line, even though I would have technically pre-ordered for July 14th pickup? I mean I have a feeling it will be so hectic that they will just do it for me.

12. r3voLoL macrumors member

You won't be on the list then, you pre-ordered for delivery. So the iPhone you Pre-Ordered will be shipped to your house on the 14th. The people waiting in line Reserved one for pickup. You won't be on the list of people who reserved one.

13. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

I ordered for July 14th also, but.. that day happens to be my 21st birthday, so I'm not too peeved :D

14. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I think it ships on the 14th so depending where you live it will be in your house 2 to 4 days later.

15. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

That is correct. The earliest pre-orders are being -delivered- on June 24th. This is different from the estimated -ship- dates of July 2nd and July 24th.

Delivered: At your doorstep
    Shipped: In transit from China

16. coelacanth macrumors 6502

OP, you gotta realize the pre-order for delivery and the reservation for store pick-up are two different things. Even if your pre-order was to be delivered on the launch day, you still won't be able to pick up at store by lining in the "reserved" line. In other words, there is no such thing as "pre-order line" at the store on the launch day. There will be another line for non-reserved, and you'll have to line up there and take chances.

17. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Again, correct. Your safest bet would be to cancel your online pre-order, to avoid any conflicts with your in-store purchase. However, you are -not- guaranteed an iPhone 4 in any way once you cancel your pre-order.

18. skyehill macrumors 6502

Unless the line you're standing in is an iPhone 4 assembly line, yes they'll turn you away.

19. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

He will have to wait in the non-reserved line.

20. skyehill macrumors 6502

And will be turned away if they run out of Non-reserved phones.