YAY New Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zeiter, Mar 6, 2008.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

So i finally bought a white macbook 2.4ghz !!! I'm so happy. I got it around CDN$1400 with taxes!!! Now, I just need to wait the shipment from China...it's gonna be so long:

Ships by: 6 Mar - 10 Mar
    Delivers by: 14 Mar - 20 Mar

I ordered yesterday March 5th!!! I hope it comes in before the 20th!!!!

What should I do once I get my new laptop? first mac ever too :)

2. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

Grats, I may get mine next week. It all depends if my Mom has enough room on her credit card since she's going to put it on her's. I just gotta pay her back. Good thing Apple dropped the price by $100 in Canada since now it only costs me $1049 for the base model with my Educational Discount. It's going to be my first Mac as well.

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

4. Italchef macrumors 6502

It's exciting, isn't it? Mine is about a day ahead of yours. Still, somewhere in China today but shipped. This is my third mac (previous 2 were both iMacs) and I'm checking the status about every half hour!
    As far as what you should do with it, you really are limited only by your imagination. Take some video and then load it into iMovie and play around with it, make a slideshow of your digital pics then design and burn a dvd, start using iChat, man....the list goes on and on.
    You're really going to enjoy the experience.
    One final thought: In the 6 years that I've been using Macs, there has never been a problem or issue that I could not solve by searching and posting in this forum, or the discussion forums on the Apple support website. This is such a great community with so many folks willing to help you out.
    One other thing, buy Applecare before 1 year is up. It will extend your warranty to 3 years and give you some real piece of mind for your baby.

Mick

5. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

Enjoy not having to use Windows XP or Vista... Sit down in a chair, and create a movie w/ iMovie and then post it up on YouTube! That's what I did when I got my first Mac.