Yay new!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SweetDove, Mar 25, 2012.

1. SweetDove macrumors regular

Hi everyone! I couldn't find an introductions thread, so I thought I'd just say hi this way :) I've had an iPad (1st gen) since 2010, but since I'm graduating my first two years of college I decided to get the new iPad! I was attracted here looking for ideas on cases/covers/skins, but I'm hoping I can hang around and bug you all for quite a while!

Uhm, I'm not the best at talking about myself really, but I'm 22 and live in the Midwest with my husband and ferrets :D I'm not to shy, so if you have some questions or something feel free to ask.

So...HI!

2. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

3. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

5. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

You might wanna re-take those first two years.

6. kaielement macrumors 65816

7. SweetDove, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

SweetDove thread starter macrumors regular

I spy a grammar nazi ;) well, if I must, too* then :p (at lst i don't tyez Lyk ths)

Also, thank you everyone for the warm welcoming! :D

Sylon- I posted a bit over there as well! Thank you so much for the link. I haven't adventured far outside of the iPad section since it's the main device I have.

Right- does that case sit well for both landscape and "camera" mode? It looks a bit bulky, but it might stand up a bit better to abuse.

Kai- thank you for the site, it looks like they have several decorative skins too*(see, I are a good typerz siren)!

I was wondering about the skin/smart cover, in that if the skin covers all the "silver" parts, will the magnetic aspect still operate properly? The skins I had been looking at cover the back, and some have front pieces as well. I was only wondering since I noticed people mention that they had skins which didn't cover so much because they use the smart cover. Hm.

8. xyphr3 macrumors member

+1, after testing a few cases out, smart cover plus back skin is the way to go!

9. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Yeah thats why it took me 2 days to find it, lol. I dont join subject-matter forums to hang out in their OT sections. You'll like it here, sometimes a thick skin is required, but you'll be alright. I've received a lot of help from this forum.

10. SweetDove thread starter macrumors regular

Sylon, thanks so much, I'm already liking it here ;) I'm not worried about thick skin. It seems much nicer here then some of the car forums I go on, so I'm not stressed about it. And besides, if all else fails I can just not look at the topic (ah, the beauty of the Internet)

11. thelead macrumors 6502

I just bought a smart cover... Not liking it compared to my old all in one/folio piece. I find that the side magnets aren't as strong as I would like them to be.

12. noobinator macrumors 601

Smart cover + Incipio smart feather is an awesome combo and I highly recommend it. And welcome!

13. SweetDove thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, I was just reading a bit about that noobinator, I think it's nice that it gets "locked" on.

Lead- do you ever have issues with it opening in your bags? I have the standard apple cover for my 1gen, and haven't had any issues with it. Do you think the smart cover is just as good as the orig. iPad cover (aside from the exposed back)?

14. thelead macrumors 6502

the smart cover has detached itself from the ipad when propped up... luckily my ipad was on a large table and fell on it's protected back. This smart cover lasted less than a day for me. I liked the original ipad case but this smart cover is unimpressive. I'm going to order a folio type case (lookup the invellop case on amazon once they fix the smart on/off issue; should be a week or two).

15. JACathcart macrumors newbie

Welcome aboard SweetDove

I like you already, you seem like a nice person.

Don't let some of these weenies get you down. If you can wade through the mire, there are some really decent folks here who can help you out a lot.

BTW, I had a ferret in college. She and my raccoon during high school were the best pets I ever had.

Welcome!

16. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Pics or you're not a welcomed member. :D

17. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Welcome! I'm sure you'll like it. Everyone on here is nice :)

Oh gosh, my teacher is using that. That case sucks.... how can you like it? :(

18. SweetDove thread starter macrumors regular

Drew here is an awesome pic!

[​IMG]

Cath, thank you so much for the welcome! I usually try to be pretty nice :D I think people forget that they're still talking to other people sometimes. I think raccoons look so cute, I've only seen wild ones though. Which are much less cute.

Lead, that's a really good point. My current iPad has had some tumbles, and survived all of them. I think I'm torn between smart cover+hard case back (which people say lock it on in a way) or a folio style like I have now. Sometimes though it's hard to hold, so maybe a hard case would help with that.

19. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I bet this case sucks only because your teacher uses it. I bet you'd like this case if you had used it for a few days. It's protective, yet easy to use and works in every orientation. And oh, the display turns on when you open the case (just like with the smart cover). :)

20. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

I actually get to play with my teachers iPad and seriously, that case sucks for writing, or playing games etc. The iPad fell down on the table along with the case and scared the **** out of me.. Yes it's protective and it looks nice btw :)

21. SweetDove thread starter macrumors regular

Right, I think I like the look of the "slim" one better. But I like how it turns on and off, and works at mutiple angles (since I'm sure it'll be nice to not have to use books to prop it up anymore like I have to do with this one) but it doesn't look like that kind rotate all the way. Hm. So many choices!

22. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

Oh wow, as I was scrolling that photo part way up it looked like a ferret balanced on somebody's very tattooed arm.

23. SweetDove thread starter macrumors regular

Smirk, really? That's too funny. She's my girl Lilly, that was taken on her birthday a few days ago She turned one, so it was kinda fun.