Yay! Spotify Still Not Working :(

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AbSoluTc, Sep 9, 2014.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Will only run once and then has to be deleted and reinstalled to run only once again. Rinse, repeat. What's up with that? Been going on since B2 and I was hoping it would be fixed in GM. Guess not?

:mad:

2. saudor macrumors 6502a

Seems to be working fine for me on my iPod Touch 5G

3. abn0rma1 macrumors newbie

I've definitely had no problems with Spotify on iOS 8 Betas and GM

4. clubtech macrumors member

Someone from another thread with the same issue said he setup his phone as "new" and not do a restore, then Spotify worked for him.

5. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

merrickdrfc

I find it's on and off, sometimes have to force quit and open it again to play music, and some of the UI controls are very temperamental. The playback controls on the Now playing screen disappear if you view the play queue etc.

6. colinw123 macrumors member

I've done a fresh IOS 8 GM install on my iPhone 5S and as soon as i try and log into Spotify it quits.

Guess we will need to wait for an update for this app.

7. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

There has just been an update pushed out for Spotify. I'm not running iOS 8 but it'd be worth checking out to see if it fixes your issues.

8. colinw123 macrumors member

Ok thanks for that, i installed it again and now i can sign in but its just stuck at loading albums, so just the three animated dots going along ?

I'll try it again soon. Thanks.

9. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

10. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

It's crazy because I installed the GM on my iPad Retina and it runs fine. No issues. Since B2 for iOS 8, spotify won't run. It's annoying as hell. I DO NOT want to install clean and no restore. I am not a fan of that. Not until Apple has a way to restore my messages ONLY or a way to restore specific things. That's my biggest pet peeve.