Ye Olde Backlight Bleed

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by asme, Apr 7, 2008.

1. asme macrumors regular

Hey all you Apple gurus, just wanted to call upon your experience to help out a lesser being like me.

My backlight's been bleeding. Judging by the pictures, is my bleediness "oh, that's normal" or "TAKE TO :apple: STORE NAO." I took a bunch of pics, but these are the ones that are at eye level. All the others I took at the wrong angle and misrepresent the problem.

Still though, is this backlight bleeding normal? Not to say that it bothers me, but it'd be nice if I could waltz out of the Apple Store with some new, non-degraded CCFLs.

Attached Files:

2. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

Is that a picture or something? Do you have a link to the original picture to see what it looks like?

Or is that a completely black screen?

3. asme thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, it's a black screen.

I went into PowerPoint, made a blank black slide, and went fullscreen to do it. I'm sure there are easier ways, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I noticed something wasn't right.

4. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

5. jay1097 macrumors member

Wow and I thought I had some backlight problems. Take that back, thats definitely a defect.

6. caktusaurus macrumors member

Ouch. I've gotten three of these, so either it's a common problem or I'm just very unlucky. After the third one was sent back to Apple I gave up - too much time and effort wasted on sending stuff back and forth. :(

My advice: take it back and complain!