Yea - just got my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wolfpackfan, Jul 6, 2010.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I've been trying to get a 4 for over a week now. I've checked BB and AT&T stores every day (and some times twice a day) with no luck. I've been on the Apple Store priority list for a week also. Low and behold I was walking at our local mall and in front of the Best Buy Mobile store there was a sign "We have iPhone 4's in stock". I immediately snapped up a 32GB model plus I was able to put it on my Best Buy charge card with no interest for 18 months. Took it home and did a restore from my iPhone 3G and it is running great. I can't get over how much faster it is than my old 3G. Plus the screen looks fantastic.

2. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Nice, great congrats. now jst dont make a new thread bout saying "is there a antenna problem?" hmm k?

k great.

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

My local Best Buy said that they might get iPhone 4's in later today, so Apple may be send Best Buy stores shipments today. It's possible BGR's rumor wa true that they're stockpiling iPhone 4's for tomorrow for Apple Stores. That would make sense if Apple sends out smaller shipments to Best Buy first.

4. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

What's an iPhone 4? haha. Congratulations! You will defniitely enjoy the heck out of it. First suggestion... screen and back protector (or a case if you're into the big clunky look). Enjoy!

5. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

Any problems such as the antenna issue or anything?

6. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

No issues of any kind so far. I've only made 3 phones calls, but no problems with those calls. Now I did notice, I always hold my phone on the upper portion basically using 3 fingers, so I don't come close to touching the lower left hand corner. Now I did touch it while not on a call and tried hard as I could to get the bars to change, but they would never move. I am still trying to get over how fast the 4 is compared to my old 3G. Plus the photos are fantastic. So far I'm a very happy owner. Now I'm getting ready to load it up with mp3's. I am so glad I went ahead and got the 32GB model.

7. f00f macrumors 65816

Welcome to the club! I'd say you got lucky finding one at BB. They seem to get very small shipments. I got mine from BB as well after having called them to see if they had any. I didn't expect them to have stock but they received 10 32GB units. Yep only 10. This was about a week ago. I, my fiancé, and my boss purchased the first three.

And yes it's a huge improvement over the 3G. Vast, even! I don't miss my 3G in the slightest especially since installing iOS 4 on it made it unbearably slow.

Just do yourself a favor and get a case to mitigate the antenna dilemma. ;)

8. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

My local Best Buy got in one 32GB iPhone 4 about a hour ago and they're holding it for me. I'm probably far down enough on their reserved list that if I didn't call, I wouldn't have had it reseved for me today. Best Buy may be a great place to check if you don't have an iPhone 4 yet. Has anybody else noticed that their local Best Buy has received a shipment of iPhone 4's today?

9. Sledutah macrumors regular

Just got mine today also, FedEx dropped it off. I'm setting mine up as new, I've read about problems when doing a restore from a previous phone.

On a bad note (maybe I'll just start a new thread ;) ), when I do the death grip the signal drops to no bars and when running Speedtest it slows down the speeds :(

10. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

That's pretty much my story as far as the 3G goes. Once I installed iOS 4, I had no choice but to get the 4. My wife has a 3G, but I've told her under no circumstances would I install iOS 4 on it. I will probably end up getting a bumper, if my reception goes bad. I have it in a slip case right now that I used for my 3G, but it is very loose and I'm having to be very careful how I hold it, so my 4 doesn't go sliding out. A bumper would make it fit better in the slip case.