Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Just heard it on cnn. Both parties willing to talk. Workers to return to work by the end of the day! Im sure the bus and subway drivers are going to get alot of evil stares as people board the busses and trains.

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
It was "take steps to return to work..." Don't get me wrong I hope I dont have another commute from hell tonight, but I'm not counting my subways before they're running..

EDIT: Now I hear that they're going to return to work while they negotiate? Fingers crossed...

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
freeny said:
If it was Bush then I would notch that as the first thing he has done positive for the people of NY.

Well if it went on, I bet he would order them back. Too vital to the functioning of the country in my opinion.

Glad you guys will get back to normal for Christmas.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Thanks gary. Just so you know I am a fellow Marylander transplanted to NYC. Born in Silver Spring and lived in the state till 88. I really miss the crabs.

GO SKINS! Beat the crap out of the giants this Sunday!

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
Well, it appears that the mediators have worked out a semi-deal that will allow the transit workers to return to work, at which point final negotiations will commence. However it won't happen in time for the commute home tonight :mad:

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
2nyRiggz said:
Great to hear....now i get to deal with the hobos, the smelly..again yayyyy. what a joy to live in NYC.

Nothing quite like a return to muggery and thuggery. If trains are running Friday, I plan to celebrate by taking another day off. Based on prior experience, you can usually walk to work faster than the trains the first day they are placed back in service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.