Yeah i know... a Facebook question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by slipper, Dec 1, 2011.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

My boss makes postings on my wall and tags me in company photos which i don't want anybody to see. Rather than indirectly offending him by deleting these posts, is it possible to make it not visible by anyone else but me and him?

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Since they are your boss's photos, you cannot set the viewing permissions on them. If he has it set to 'Friends Only' that isn't that bad. 'Friends of Friends' or 'Everyone' and yeah, your friends are gonna see them.

I'd create a 2nd Facebook account and point your boss towards it, saying its a new one.

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Why on earth did you add your boss on facebook!?

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Add tag permission in your privacy settings and set every setting to private. I don't think you can undo what's done, but you can prevent future tags. If your boss asks, tell him you don't know why your account is like that.

And also, why would you add any coworker on Facebook?

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

If you are female-bodied, I would consider this sexual harassment. :(

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You can remove the tags.

Since they are his photos, that seems to be the only option for the existing photos.

Going forward, I would talk to him about it.

7. samiwas macrumors 65816

This. You can un-tag yourself. And I believe that if you un-tag, you can't be retagged...but this might be a myth. I would also make your settings so that other people can't tag you in photos. I'm pretty sure that is a setting.

And Rule #1: Don't be friends with your boss on Facebook.

8. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Workin at the strip club eh?

Boss's status - "Makin it rain!! She can really work that pole! - with Shaniqua 'Slipper' Jones"

Shaniqua 'Slipper' Jones was tagged in the photo album "A night with the boys at Cloud 9"