Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

domini99

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
Quote from Dutch commercial (translated):

Take the iPhone 5 with your contract and get a Samsung Galaxy tab 3 for FREE!

*facepalm*

TheAnvil

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
Which Galaxy Tab 3?

One would think, selling an iPhone 5, and buying a brand new one would be better?

satchow

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2011
Why would you trade in a phone for a tablet? The phone has a contract so I assume the owner was using it for calls too.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I'm an iPhone user but I chose a Nexus 7 for my tablet. I like having both iOS and Android at my fingertips. They each have different strengths and weaknesses.

----------

Why would you trade in a phone for a tablet? The phone has a contract so I assume the owner was using it for calls too.

Wait, I thought it meant if you get an iPhone 5 on contract with them, you get the tablet for free. Not that you trade the former for the latter. ??

satchow

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2011
I'm an iPhone user but I chose a Nexus 7 for my tablet. I like having both iOS and Android at my fingertips. They each have different strengths and weaknesses.

----------

Wait, I thought it meant if you get an iPhone 5 on contract with them, you get the tablet for free. Not that you trade the former for the latter. ??

Oh, you're probably right, which makes it make sense. As an iPhone user I have an iPad but I also have a Nexus 7 which is also good. I'd happily take a free tablet. I drink Coke but I'll always accept a free Pepsi.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

*facepalm*
Well, certainly helps Samsung with their share numbers as far as how many people have their devices (when they are just given away for free to those who buy iPhones). ;)

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Well, certainly helps Samsung with their share numbers as far as how many people have their devices (when they are just given away for free to those who buy iPhones). ;)

I know of at least one bank that will give you a free Samsung Galaxy Tab when you open certain type of account, and a rival bank that gives an iPad Mini.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

*facepalm*

It would make lots of people happy. Not everyone is stuck using only Apple products.

Well he's obviously pandering to audience, isn't he? But seriously, I think it would literally make dozens of people happy. Dozens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.