Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nomand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
804102.png

hey guys! we've just had our first project for iphone approved and is now up on appstore! we're quite exited hehe.. theres 3 of us (students) working on this game, using Unity3D engine, it gets some nice results!

check out our game!:
Website, screenshots, gameplay video

iTunes appstore link

feedback is very encouraged! thanks!

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
So let me get this straight, you run around squashing rats with an ox? And that's it? :confused:

Looks good graphically :)

nomand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
So let me get this straight, you run around squashing rats with an ox? And that's it? :confused:

Looks good graphically :)

we're working on an update with alternative game modes, but if you expect much more of a 99c game, then sorry to disappoint, we only have this much time before Chinese New Year.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
we're working on an update with alternative game modes, but if you expect much more of a 99c game, then sorry to disappoint, we only have this much time before Chinese New Year.

Don't sell yourself too short. Your graphics are really quite good, and the animations are excellent, and the game has a really nice pace and tone to it. If you could make a platformer out of it without sacrificing those things, I think you could easily have a $6-10 game on your hands that would sell really well. There really aren't good games of that genre for the iPhone right now.

msimplicity

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
804102.png

hey guys! we've just had our first project for iphone approved and is now up on appstore! we're quite exited hehe.. theres 3 of us (students) working on this game, using Unity3D engine, it gets some nice results!

nomand,

Are you guys interested in any contract work? We have a need for some 3D graphics in a couple upcoming projects. Shoot me an email with your contact info if you'd like to bid the projects: info@msimplicity.com

gacxx

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
I saw a gameplay video on apptheater, and thought it was cool. Maybe you could have a giveaway of promo codes soon. I would definitely be willing to put in my opinion of the game. Thanks and good job.

Edit: Appthater is suppose to be Apptheater

KRAPPS

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
hey, thanks for releasing this app ... honestly, I had no clue it was The Year Of The Ox until i came across this app ... good luck!

akame

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2009
if u got some promo codes, i will more than happy to advertise your app for u.

nomand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
mkrishnan said:
Don't sell yourself too short. Your graphics are really quite good, and the animations are excellent, and the game has a really nice pace and tone to it. If you could make a platformer out of it without sacrificing those things, I think you could easily have a $6-10 game on your hands that would sell really well. There really aren't good games of that genre for the iPhone right now.

Thanks for the feedback! We're definately not wasting the assets and code we created, but we have a bigger project in mind for the future, its at a brainstorming stage so far, but will be much bigger than this, and will be a full on game.
for now, we just learnt how the whole process works and what it takes us to create something like this, being our first game.
thanks!

TSX said:
Do you have any promo codes you can send this way.
do you wana write a review and spread the word? :p may have some! ;)

msimplicity said:
Are you guys interested
clarify your intents please. contact us at magenta@zenbe.com

gacxx said:
I saw a gameplay video on appthater, and thought it was cool. Maybe you could have a giveaway of promo codes soon. I would definitely be willing to put in my opinion of the game. Thanks and good job.

thanks! feedback and possibly a review would be great!

KRAPPS said:
hey, thanks for releasing this app ... honestly, I had no clue it was The Year Of The Ox until i came across this app ... good luck!

haha i thought from your first post that you were being sarcastic XD
no problem, i hope you enjoyed it!

akame said:
if u got some promo codes, i will more than happy to advertise your app for u.
we've got some, but i cant find how to pm XD wut

nomand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
wait, what? can i not send pm's on this forum? o_O having hard time finding it...

akame

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2009
nomad: u have to keep posting before pm function becomes available.

This is what i found out when i m new to this forum.

email sent. Hope to review your game.

nomand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
nomad: u have to keep posting before pm function becomes available.

This is what i found out when i m new to this forum.

email sent. Hope to review your game.

thanks! i sent you an email ;)
this is bizzare, to have pm available after some posts. i'm sure its antispam measure, but pm's are like very important haha... some people even sign up only to pm someone etc.. gah. ok. keep posting then. i hope it doesnt take more than 20 posts to activate lol...

gacxx

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
To PM just click on someones name in the forum( must be logged in) and a PM function will come up.

PS: Will review if given code.

gacxx

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
By the way, I also Misspelled something in my first post. It should read apptheater not appthater! :p

nomand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
I thought this was a chinese calender or something! I will have to have another look later on :)

Good look with this one though!!!!

thanks! yes, please have a look, tell us what you think!

*UPDATE 1.01 has been approved and is on appstore*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.