Years in Photos gone Missing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MazMan007, Aug 15, 2013.

1. MazMan007 macrumors newbie

So I have close to 6000 pics on my phone and my years went from 2007-2013. Randomly the other day I went into the app and I can now only see 2012 and 2013 yet my Camera Roll has all 6000 pics. I tried reinstalling beta 5 and now just went to beta 6 and still no change.

Has anyone else had this issue? Think its just a bug?

2. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Assuming it is a bug and the photos are still on there, it might be helpful to see if you can pull them off with iPhoto.

3. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

I have 600+ photos on my iPad/iCloud but my iphone running beta says I have around 300-350..

Bug/glitch with the beta I'm assuming.

4. Cayennr, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

Cayennr macrumors member

I hope you didn’t lose the photos and you can pull them off with iPhoto. Just a reminder to backup your valuable stuff! Everything I have on my devices can be reverted or recreated one way or another, but I can’t afford losing years of photos of my family and friends. They are priceless to me.

5. MazMan007 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a full backup of my phone and pics before i updated to ios7 beta 5. All my pics are always backed up in iphoto, that's like 6 years of photos from my camera roll since the first iPhone came out.

Just weird how the years view lost 07-11, tried restoring beta 5 again last night before updating to 6 but still didn't come back. Camera roll shows everything though.

Hope this is fixed with the final release.

6. xsnrg1 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem! I have 8,747 photos on my iPhone 5s (running 7.1.2) that date back as far as the first iPhone. The other week, I noticed that I can only view years 2013 & 2014 when I click the “Photos” tab on the bottom left of the Photos app and then scale out to the “Years” view.

The visible photos in the “Years” view begin with a collection spanning 12/2/13-1/8/14 and end right before the photos that are currently in my “Last Import” album.

All of my photos are backed up on my Mac Pro in iPhoto. I can still view the oldest photos on my iPhone by opening the “Faces” album, selecting an individual and then scrolling up to the earliest photos they are tagged in.

For a while, I also had duplicate albums of all the default albums (“Last Import,” “Last 12 Months,” etc.) but that somehow fixed itself last week.

Do you by any chance use the app Transfer Pro? I’ve wondered if that could be related.

This is the only post I’ve been able to find on the internet addressing this issue.