Yellow Bar taking up most of my memory!? UGH!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AmIRite?, Feb 11, 2012.

1. AmIRite? macrumors newbie

This is seriously getting ridiculous and out of hand. Again, there's a yellow bar that says it's using up 118GB of my memory... what is up with THAT? I tried uninstalling everything I previously installed by the yellow bar barely reduces, it only reduces by probably 10GB or so. I will admit my Macbook Pro is a late 2010 (hand me down) my cousin upgraded it to Lion OSX and then I started wondering if this is why it's taking up so much space? Is it the new OS? Or is my computer acting all BLEH for some other reason?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Considering it calls it "other" it could be anything, of note, my Aperture library weighs in at just over 250GB, but that bar says I only have 50GB of photos. So just ignore it, does it really bother you that much? Just means you've got a lot of stuff on your hard drive. It's not system stuff, it's YOUR stuff.

3. simsaladimbamba

4. AmIRite? thread starter macrumors newbie

It does bother me because my computer is sometimes uber slow for no reason at all.

5. simsaladimbamba

Looked at the link I provided?

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

6. AmIRite? thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked at the monitor thing but it doesn't tell me anything. I'm down to 2 GB left. UGH, I feel like throwing this thing out my window.