Yellow blotches on screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pinsrw, Jan 11, 2011.

1. pinsrw macrumors regular

Hi all,

I keep seeing yellow blotches on my iPad's screen. When I've called up the Apple Store and Apple's support they kept telling me I have an iPhone, at which point I had to correct them: No, it's an iPad and it has yellow blotches on the display. They claim they have never heard of this problem before. Is this a well known issue?

Thanks.

2. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

if it is significant then just take it to the apple store and exchange it.

3. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I had the same thing across my right side and bottom of the iPad, I ended up buying my son one and we compared them together, his was white blue and bright mine was splotchy and yellow, returned mine and took his, ohhhh bought him a AMG as a consolation prize. True story.

4. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

I've had a small, almost circular yellowish cloud that is maybe a half-inch in diameter in the upper left quadrant of my iPad's screen. Been there from day one, can never see it unless it's off, wish it weren't there, can't say it ever gets noticed otherwise.

Televisions sometimes get clouding too. Seems to be a potential artifact of this technology that sometimes hits.

5. Built macrumors 68020

I would bring it back and have them take a look. Previous reports of yellowed, or yellowing screens, have been made here, and Apple will often replace.