Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z6128

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
New Jersey
I know they haven't been released to stores yet but has anyone actually seen the new yellow ipod nano. I'm really liking it but the pics on the apple website make it look "banana" yellow, which is what I like, while the shots I've seen hands on from iLounge and such make it look like a brown-yellow or gold. Does anyone know what it actually looks like?

MacTraveller

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
I know they haven't been released to stores yet but has anyone actually seen the new yellow ipod nano. I'm really liking it but the pics on the apple website make it look "banana" yellow, which is what I like, while the shots I've seen hands on from iLounge and such make it look like a brown-yellow or gold. Does anyone know what it actually looks like?

I've seen an actual display model. It really is more of a metallic golden-yellow. Not a bright banana yellow like the Apple Website advertisements want you to believe.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
I think it looks more like a hideous gold color in person. All the other colors "pop", if you will, when you see them in person. The purple one in particular is one that really stood out when I saw it, I was really impressed by it. Alas, I love the blue nano... DO WANT!

</color whoreishness>

GuyNextDoor

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I know they haven't been released to stores yet...

Z6 - They have all colors on display at the Bridgewater NJ store; saw them this past Sunday. Yellow one looks, to me, like the metallic version of a lemon Charms lollipop. Definitely NOT banana yellow. Least favorite color of mine. It looks as if the color itself is transparent, so you see through to the metal. Not opaque like enamel.

Green, orange, red, purple all look good; blue is OK, but I'd like a bit closer to true cobalt. Black and silver are alright if you like that, though I'm not sure how I feel about the black clickwheel on silver.

BTW1 - Now I agree with those complaining about coverflow on the nano; it just seems wasteful without the tactile input of touch screen. Especially if it adversely affects battery life as much as some claim.

BTW2 - Bridgewater store is TI-NEE! Place felt completely log-jammed, then I realized that half the people in there were the 6 or 7 salespeople on duty. I guess I'm spoiled by the SoHo store.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London

It is NOT banana yellow. To be honest, it looks like pee. It also has a weird greenish tinge when you hold it in the light that makes it not look yellow at all.

I think yellow Nano is the one I was most excited for, and most disappointed by. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.