Yellow Issue Fix

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 7031, Jun 26, 2008.

1. 7031 macrumors 6502

I found that my Macbook Pro had a really bad case of the yellowing issue. My display just looked awful, especially from different angles. I found however, that by changing my colour profile to Adobe RGB 1998 I can completely eliminate the issue.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I'm hoping this will help a lot of people.

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Really? I was under the impression that the yellowing followed a gradient, and that changing the color profile to suit the yellowed area would dramatically tint the rest of the screen.

3. mcbeej macrumors member

People get confused between an overall yellow tint to the screens (because Apple supply by default a yellow-ish colour profile), and screens that exhibit uneven yellowing in the lower third of the screen.

The first can be almost completely changed/fixed by altering your colour profile, or calibrating your screen. Their are plenty of threads here where you can download colour profiles other people have created.

The second issue is a hardware issue, and can only be "fixed" or improved by sending your machine in to Apple to have the screen replaced.