Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
I've been having some issues with one of my Airport Express units, the one the modem's connected to. I've been on the phone with Apple a few times, and have had my MacBook (brand new) checked out for antenna issues by a Genius. All is well. I've tried resets of all sorts on the Express, and what happens is that in the mornings the main Express is blinking yellow. This morning nothing--not any kind of reset--would change that.

Big question: is it time for a new Express?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
generally the yellow blinking light should have nothing to do with your macbook. open airport utility to find out why it's blinking.

have you tried rebooting your modem when you reboot the express?

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
I thought the blinking yellow light means that the express is trying to get an IP number (from your service provider in this case).

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I thought the blinking yellow light means that the express is trying to get an IP number (from your service provider in this case).

it means that the express is unhappy about something, generally you are right about not getting an IP, but i can mean other stuff.

mchalebk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
When mine did this, I opened Airport Utility and it told me it needed a software/firmware update. After installing the update, the light changed to green.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.