Yellow line all the way down the screen!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hodgey1989, Sep 27, 2008.

1. hodgey1989 macrumors member

Basically i have a 2 year old imac that now has a yellow line down the screen.
    I'm taking it to the apple store this week to have it looked at under apple care protection plan and im just wonderin if anyone knows what sort of time scale is on repairs like that.
    Also do apple replace the product if its more cost effective for them and if so do you reckon this would one of those cases?

Thanks for any help :)

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Any photos? If this is a manufacturing defect Apple will replace it. But I'm not entirely sure of the AppleCare policy. Is the line on the screen? like residue or is it on the display itself? anything you did that might have triggered this?

3. hodgey1989 thread starter macrumors member

ive rung apple and the guy went through all the usual software checks and then decided it was hardware.
    Nothing ive done has caused it, just browsing safari and it appeared.
    It looks to me like a line of dead pixels.
    You say apple will replace it if its a manufacturing defect, do you mean the screen or the whole imac?

Thanks

4. esvee macrumors member

Any updates on this? I just got the same thing.

5. jstanier macrumors regular

jstanier

I had a similar thing happen to a Cinema Display a few years back. I took it in to the store and after they looked at it I was offered a replacement. I was under AppleCare at the time though. I'm not particularly sure what the procedure would be if you weren't covered.

My replacement monitor took about a week to come, as far as I remember.