Yellow on bottom right side should I return?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fitgirl, Oct 20, 2014.

1. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

I noticed abit of yellow spot on bottom right hand side not sure if it's worth returning for a new one what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. solo118 macrumors 65816

I would not want a screen like that. I am sure Apple will be more than happy to take care of you.

3. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

4. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Wow, apple continues to put out poor quality control.

----------

It's not hood, it's crap!

5. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

Same.

6. hashsi99 macrumors member

I ordered a brand new one and am sending the one I have back.

I don't want a white box replacement. I don't care if everyone says they are new. I'm within 14 days so I want what I payed for, a brand new retail packaged phone.

My 5s had a yellow screen and these darker yellow spots and I decided to settle. Not this time.

Even cheaper htc phones have nicer screens.

Return it

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I would definitely go ahead and return that looks defective to me. If I had that, I would have returned the phone on the spot.

----------

Yep, completely understandable. If you are within the 14 days return policy you definitely want to do the return/exchange instead of having to go through replacements.

But of course you just have to hope for the best that you will get a good one.

8. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

When it's uneven like that, most definitely replace it.

9. michael31986 macrumors 68040

10. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

I look at threads like this and wonder if it's my eyes.... I don't see the issue. Maybe it's more evident in real life.

11. rattler macrumors member

I wouldn't bother exchanging it. From my experience, most of the iPhone 6 screens have some degree of discoloration. I went through 3 iPhones and they all had to same issue.

12. makotoisle macrumors 6502

I don't either. I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

13. xealo macrumors 6502

I really combed over that pic as best I could. Nothing really standing out. Slightly more yellow at the bottom right, but definitely not standing out. I wouldn't worry about it OP unless its actually bothersome during real use situations, not just staring at a blank white page. Besides, as other's have said, getting one that looks better is going to be a massive headache. Don't ask me how I know. Hint hint: Nexus 7 and Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm, both of which have an IPS display.

14. blcfla macrumors regular

I see it, barely, mostly because you told me where to look for it.

My 5S has this same type of thing very slightly along the very top, you don't notice it 99% the time. I didn't even notice it til I saw one of these screen type of threads lol If I asked someone to look at my screen and tell me if they see anything out of the usual I guarantee they wouldn't notice it.

But now that I know it's there sometimes it will bother me, but I let the OCD episode pass and life continues lol

15. kid.icarus macrumors member

I can't see a yellow tint in this picture?!

I'm on my second iPhone 6, the first had a darker spot (or say region) near the battery icon...I changed it...the second one has the same issue but a bit less visible. I keep this one now.