Yellow Screen - 21.5" 2013 iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by d0nK, Oct 18, 2013.

1. d0nK macrumors 6502

My Dad received his iMac a few days ago and the first thing I noticed is that the entire screen has a yellow tint over it.

The screen on my late 2011 15" MBP looks a lot better, without any yellow tint at all.

Quite disappointed.

Is this a return or do all 2013 21.5" iMacs have this yellow tint across the whole screen?

When you compare my MBP along-side the iMac the difference is stunning.

2. d0nK thread starter macrumors 6502

A follow-up.

Received a replacement and figured out the issue with the first iMac.

Very light grey's turn yellow on the original iMac, but on the replacement iMac they are the light grey colour that they should be.

An Alpha channel problem with the graphics card? (750M).

It is apparent with a white background and a browser window over the top. The shadow of the browser window showed a distinct yellow halo... as did the Dock, on the original iMac.
    Also, light blues showed as a murky light-yellow-green (e.g. the blue bars in the USB section of the 'System Information' screen).

Original iMac returned.

3. bstfn macrumors newbie

just got my replacement a few days ago aaaannnnd again yellowish 2/3.
    Now i was at the local AppleStore a few hours ago and every damn iMac is affected. Sometimes more, sometimes less but what's really irritates me is that even the new MBP is affected.

Apple, ******* y**.

4. trans-olsx macrumors member

Apple has gone down hill. Apple store staff knowledge is slipping as well. Wait till the bugs are fixed before buying a new released product.

5. bstfn macrumors newbie

Wait until... what?

Do you know that this issue presents since 2009? My first iMac was the 27" Late2012 ones but even if I'm not a great retoucher the yellow tint sucked. Until i send all 4 iMacs back i had waited until this october (no pc for 6 months!!) and gave Apple a new try.

Now in 2013 the first iMac was affected again but the replacement is even worse so i send back the replacement. Now I keep the first ones until i get the 3rd and compare again... *let the games begin*