Yellow screen blue screen question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrunoMac, Feb 13, 2011.

1. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

If our TV's can change the color from "warm" (yellow) to "cool" (blue) then why can't apple add a setting to allow us to do so on our phones?

Thanks for any insight.

2. BrunoMac thread starter macrumors regular

BrunoMac

3. 0wnage macrumors member

Because yellow LCD's are defects. They should all have the perfect blue hue.

4. BrunoMac thread starter macrumors regular

BrunoMac

While I agree 100% would that be something you could adjust?

My wife's 3GS is so yellow I can't believe it ever made it through QC so trust me yellow sucks!! I have a 3G I use for work and iPhone 4 I use all other times and both screens are great but her phone is HORRIBLE!

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

Color profiles have been discussed to death in regards to yellow screens. The bottom line is a yellow screen in this instance is usually washed out, and lacking contrast. A simple color profile would be unlikely to help these defective screens.

6. tianh macrumors regular

how do you know if you have a yellow screen? Mine looks pretty good, but my brothers phone looks sharper..

7. kre62 macrumors 68000

If your screen looks yellow...you have a yellow screen.

8. Geffen macrumors 6502

My Verizon iphone 4 screen doesn't look yellow but how can you tell is there something to compare like a site to pull up ? or do i need to compare it with one of the AT&T iphone 4's?

9. BrunoMac thread starter macrumors regular

BrunoMac

You know this answer sounds simple, but it is the truth. If you could see the yellow screen on my wife's phone you would be bummed if it was yours. It looks like someone peed on it. It is YELLOW!! I should have never left the ATT store with it but because it wasn't my phone my OCD didn't kick in.:D