Yellow screen decreasing after two weeks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyAppleWorld, Oct 4, 2016.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

hi

When I received the iPhone 7 two weeks ago, it was noticeably warmer and more yellow compared to my 6s.

I no longer have the 6s and feel my eyes got used to the 7 - I even felt like it became whiter over time.

Today I Opened a new 7 and compared my 7 side by side. The new 7 looks yellow and the original 7 looks ice cool !!!

What is going on?

2. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

If I remember correctly, there was an iOS device released several years ago (I can't remember which) that also suffered from yellow screen. The word was that it was from the adhesive that binds the glass to the screen. As the adhesive cures it turns clear.

It's possible that these phones are getting into customer's hands so fresh from the factory that the adhesive has yet to cure. It's possible that this is the explanation for what you've experienced.

3. Acronyc macrumors 6502

I don't buy into the adhesive claim. This has been around as long as I can remember and comes up every year. I've had iPhones with a notable yellow hue to them and they never got better. Ever. My eyes just got used to them.