Yellow screen iphone 6 - can I get this exchanged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingneptune117, Dec 7, 2014.

1. kingneptune117 macrumors member

Hi all,

I got my 6 about three weeks after it was released. It had the yellow screen and I knew it right away. However, I was hoping I could just live with it. It is really annoying me. My girlfriend just got a 6 and the screen is perfect. There is a very apparent difference between mine and hers, even the brightness seems weaker on mine. If I give Verizon a call would they exchange mine out for a new one? I originally ordered this phone with a Verizon sales rep over the phone if that matters. Thank you!

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You could call Verizon and see what they say. They may have you send in the phone to your local Verizon store, have them see it, and if found defective they will likely use your warranty and replace it under warranty (which may not be a brand new one).

If you are near your apple store, you can make a trip to the Apple store and see a genius and show them your device. If they can see that it is a defect, they may give you a few option such as replacing the screen only, or replacing the whole unit (service unit for replacement purpose, which is refurbs or new).

If you are unhappy with it, by all means go get it replaced. You will likely play the lottery game and if you get the phone replaced due to yellow screen and your replacement unit may also have yellow screen.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

1. Jailbreak. So easy a 9 year old can do it.
    2. Download Color Profiles.
    3. You can now calibrate your screen to whatever you want.

This is SOLELY the reason I JB.