Yellow screen issue, not a real issue says Apple.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matthew Yohe, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

After I restored and now I don't really see it now

3. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Have to agree with them - if the original one had come out with this screen no one would have complained.

4. Macjames macrumors 6502a

I can confirm that for me he was right, i have a slight yellow tint and side by side with my first gen iPhone the colors on the yellow tinted 3g are much better, more vivid and accurate. Both on full brightness. Now my 1st gen looks dull and i really notice the cold blue.

However i have seen insanely yellow screens on some peoples new 3g's so there is something going on!

5. Matthew Yohe thread starter macrumors 68020

I think many of the photos are very deceiving... Keep in mind the white balance on some of these photos will range greatly from photo to photo.

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I think the original photo was after fishing the 3G phone out of the toilet.

7. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

After reading the reasons why they've switched the LCD color profile I compared to my original iphone and completely agree. Version 2 is much better. The original iphone LCD over portrayed highlights and the blacks were not as rich. Two identical photos and the forehead on one person is completely blown out whereas on the new phone it's much more 'accurate'.