Yellow screen issue. Resolved?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Canuckistan, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Canuckistan macrumors member

It's a while since I've beeen to this site. Has the MBP yellow screen issue been resolved? Also a different hue in bottom third of screen?

Thanks,

John

2. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

my new MBP that I bought on the 15th and was delivered on the 17th does not have this issue.

3. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

That's good to hear. I hope my MBP (coming Jan 25-31) does not have this yellowing screen issue.

4. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

Bought one of the 2.6ghz MBP's about 4 days after they came out. Had yellow screen upon arrival. Replaced. The top part of the screen was dimmer. Replaced. Now the left side of the my screen is brighter than the right, i.e. when I'm on a website like gizmodo, the blue on the right side of the screen is darker than the blue on the left side.

This is annoying. I had to save money and buy a nice 500gb hard drive for backup purposes, apple replaced the hard drive on the second time around - they thought putting a new HDD in my MBP would fix the problem I guess?? It didn't. Also, there is about a quarter inch of horrible backlight bleed on the bottom of the screen and the screen is not centered inside the casing, It's all the way to the left.

Perhaps the fourth time will be the charm... :mad:

5. PDE macrumors 68020

I just can't believe Apple. The last batch of MBPs suffered from uneven illumination and that awful graininess that made things look like they were covered in dust and they did nothing about it. Now this and it seems they're not on top of this either, even though it's been an issue since the LED LCDs were released in the summer. Very disappointing.

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

As I always say, Apple isn't going to stop releasing laptops with yellow screens until they run out of yellow screens at the warehouse. They bought them, now we're going to have to buy them. That's always been their business model. The screens won't stop being an issue until they're all identified, *one by one*, and taken off the market.

7. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

Your point has been said many times, and I knew what i was getting into when i bought this beast. I was willing to take the chance and hopefully be one of the *lucky* ones who's screen was crisp and white. Oh well, so far it's a miss 3/3. Maybe it's a 1 out of 4 chance I get a white screen? I'm bitching at them again on the phone here.

I must admit, Apple has been rather nice about the whole ordeal. Let's hope they get it right this time - I love everything about this machine but these jacked up screens they keep giving me. I'm sure their stock on these screens must be running low. Rumors had it they were buying 15" screens from a new manufacturer who currently makes the screens for the MBA's.

For once I hope my stubbornness pays off.

8. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Well, My MBP has a status of Prepared for Shipment so I hope when it arrives it is going to be problem free. I was rather surprised though when I went to a local Apple Store. I checked the 3 15" MBP's they had and none of them had the issue. I have been told that most of the floor models have the yellowing screen issue.

9. theman macrumors 6502a

i went through 3 of the yellows back in sept/oct. hope it doesn't happen to you guys. it was one of my first experiences with a defective product. terrible stuff. my screen right now is still A LITTLE yellowy at the bottom, but it's not so bad or distracting. i didn't want to wait another 3 weeks just to get another really bad sucker.

good luck.