Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Good idea but might be too late for that. Production is already set in place.
Yep, them fresh iPhone 13s are rolling off the production line at record pace. 😁😂

We better hope Timmy boy saw this thread before they started making the iPhone 13 models. 😳😬

Now I need to be strong and keep my 12 pro max for another year, your iPhone 13 pro max excitement/hype isn’t helping. 😂👀📱🤔

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Why not just add an RGB white balance meter like Samsung it will save them a lot of time and resources calibrating the displays and way fewer people will ask for exchanges or refunds it seems like a win-win for the consumer and Corporate. Macs have this but why not ios.
Because this is 🍎 we’re talking about, they don’t like their customers tinkering with their phones. Apparently they know what screen calibration is best for our phones. 🤔🤦‍♂️

Yep, them fresh iPhone 13s are rolling off the production line at record pace. 😁😂

We better hope Timmy boy saw this thread before they started making the iPhone 13 models. 😳😬

Now I need to be strong and keep my 12 pro max for another year, your iPhone 13 pro max excitement/hype isn’t helping. 😂👀📱🤔
#6,777 posts later… I hope someone At Apple saw this thread.

Nope. You are upgrading with me 😂 come on.

Reactions: LFC2020

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
We can only hope 🙏
I tell myself every year I’m not going to wake up and watch the event, I’ll watch the replay instead, then I’m up at 3am watching it live. 😳🤦‍♂️😂

Then I tell myself I’m not upgrading this year, then I somehow convince myself I need to upgrade, doesn’t help when family members and friends are already offering to buy my phone. 🤦‍♂️😂

We can only hope 🙏

I tell myself every year I’m not going to wake up and watch the event, I’ll watch the replay instead, then I’m up at 3am watching it live. 😳🤦‍♂️😂

Then I tell myself I’m not upgrading this year, then I somehow convince myself I need to upgrade, doesn’t help when family members and friends are already offering to buy my phone. 🤦‍♂️😂
You might as well upgrade. The 120HZ will be a game changer. Plus the new battery life… camera’s are upgraded.

I desperately need you to upgrade so you can take great shots of the food 🥘

• Haha

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
You might as well upgrade. The 120HZ will be a game changer. Plus the new battery life… camera’s are upgraded.

I desperately need you to upgrade so you can take great shots of the food 🥘

Not helping 😂 not sold on 120hz on a small screen, iPhones are buttery smooth at 60hz unlike android 😬 even with 120hz they still lag 😬😂

Extra battery life will be amazing if phone is left on 60hz, not sure if we’ll notice a improvement if 120hz is on. 🤔

Really hoping they’d up their game when it comes to optical zoom, 5x optical zoom would’ve been nice. 🥺

Think we should change the topic, you’re making me want to upgrade 🤦‍♂️😳😂

fb1909

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2020
Not helping ? not sold on 120hz on a small screen, iPhones are buttery smooth at 60hz unlike android ? even with 120hz they still lag ??
Ehm, nope. You can't compare android phones <300 bucks with >1k iPhones. Ever tried a newer Oneplus or a Pixel? IMHO they feel smoother as an 12 Pro. Even without 120/90hz.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest

It might be up to 6786 posts, but now it's down to the same handful of posters keeping it going and not really adding anything that hasn't been said a hundred times over the last 9 months. A80AB93E-4C63-4855-A7E0-735FEE202305.jpeg

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Someone will definitely start a new thread for this exact issue for upcoming iphones. Mark my word.
Hopefully, if a new thread is started for the new iPhones, they will at least wait until the phones have been released worldwide to see what new owners think. Not like this thread, that was started before anyone in the Western Hemisphere had even received any of these iPhones.

Hopefully, if a new thread is started for the new iPhones, they will at least wait until the phones have been released worldwide to see what new owners think. Not like this thread, that was started before anyone in the Western Hemisphere had even received any of these iPhones.
Good point. Created on October 22nd. But I see the iPhone Pro max was not involved. @kre62

Maybe the person who started this thread before iPhone was received jinxed it for all of us 🥲

vgowtham

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2020
I am facing a different kind of flickering issue. While in dark mode, when I switch from an application to another, the screen flickers for a second which automatically reduces the screen’s brightness. Again within a few seconds, the screen gets back to original brightness.

This is annoying me totally. The problem is, I am unable to show this issue to the service centre guy since it happens randomly.

Anyone facing the same issue as mine?

Model: iPhone 12
TT and NS switched off.

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Mar 13, 2021
I am facing a different kind of flickering issue. While in dark mode, when I switch from an application to another, the screen flickers for a second which automatically reduces the screen’s brightness. Again within a few seconds, the screen gets back to original brightness.

This is annoying me totally. The problem is, I am unable to show this issue to the service centre guy since it happens randomly.

Anyone facing the same issue as mine?

Model: iPhone 12
TT and NS switched off.
Can you see in in daylight or only in a dark room?

Prepay16

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2021
Based on early reviews....the screen definitely looks less yellow. fingers crossed

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-21 100805.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-21 100805.png
    392.9 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: javisan

ghosttrooper

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2017
Based on early reviews....the screen definitely looks less yellow. fingers crossed
They have new display drivers which is promising, but I won’t believe it until people here actually get their hands on one. Idk if it’s just me but tbh iOS 15 seems like it helped a tad bit, although my 12 was pretty good to begin with (after an exchange).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.