Yellow spot on rMBP screen !!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by memko, Nov 12, 2012.

1. memko macrumors member

I just noticed a yellow spot on my screen . what is that? is it going to grow?? I have had the device for almost a couple of month and I noticed it only today during waking up from sleep!! . can I do anything about it?

P.S : I'm currently in a country with no Apple stores or reseller that offers technical support . is it safe to ignore it?
    IMG_0150.JPG

2. duffer6 macrumors 6502

Looks to be light bleed through the LED screen. Pretty typical and no it won't grow but it also won't get better. I believe it has been there since day one you just might have had the right conditions to have seen it. Doesn't look to bad, I would just live with it and enjoy your computer. Most likely you won't really every see it.

3. Mac-Tech macrumors regular

Mac-Tech

Is that a Samsung Panel? Looks like some sort of pressure has been applied to the screen. I would call Apple and see if they can send u out a box to ship it out to get it fixed. Do you have Applecare?

4. memko thread starter macrumors member

That's exactly what I'm going to do . Thank you :).

I don't think I pressed the screen that hard before .
    Well shipment across continents is not an easy task you know ! Where I live Apple care is of no use at all !!