Yellow spots still present - 1 week on!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyAppleWorld, Jul 1, 2010.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Hi

I have had the phone a week now and the yellow spots on my screen still come up in the same places when the phone is hot e.g. On charge.

I phoned the apple store the other day and they said it would go away because it was just glue.

I have 14 days to return it (uk sim free purchase).

Feel like it's probably not going to change in the next 7 days as I've already used it loads.

Anybody else finding it not resolving?

Bit gutted cos apple say they have no stock to replace mine yet I only have 14 days! After 14 days I guess they would give me a refurb?

2. jasperk99 macrumors regular

I would go to the apple store and insist on a replacement, this is what I did after 5 days with the issue not going away

3. brightlights macrumors regular

The 14 days likely only refers to returning it for a refund. If you have a faulty one then you have a year's warranty to take care of you.

4. gmikesell macrumors regular

Mine went away but...

After a couple days my yellow spot (about the size of a dime) went way. Its been a week now but I notice when I used my gps (Navigon) my phone got really hot and there my spot was, brighter than ever! After my phone cooled down it was gone again.

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Possibly your Doctor could help. You may be suffering from Spots before the eyes!! ;)

6. tuatha macrumors regular

the bonding agent stuff was speculation that somehow went global and even managed to reach the apple folks.

i hear they're now replacing phones with the yellow screen issue.

7. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

just got it replaced - genius guy said that the yellow spots DO fade - but I don't believe him!