Yellow text box in Safari (stop please)

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by wrx09md, Oct 11, 2014.

1. wrx09md macrumors member

I have a yellow text box that appears when I hover over a link on webpage in Safari. The text in the box says exactly what the link says. I would like to not have this pop up whenever my cursor stops on a link. It does not happen on every website. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I would like to keep the box when I hover over an item in the toolbar because it gives me a heads up of what that button does. But will bite the bullet if I have to.

I tried to get screenshot but I have to move my cursor so I can't "Grab" it. I tried this in Terminal with a few other

defaults write com.apple.safari NSInitialToolTipDelay -int 10000

But it did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

3. wrx09md thread starter macrumors member

It was late, thanks for the heads up.
    Heres a shot of what I'm talking about. When this was taken my cursor was on the link above the text box.

Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 11.05.13 AM.png

4. The19th macrumors regular

Looks like that's the way the Baltimore Sun is coding their webpage. They are using the title attribute for their a href links.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#h-12.1.4

"The title attribute may be set for both A and LINK to add information about the nature of a link. This information may be spoken by a user agent, rendered as a tool tip, cause a change in cursor image, etc."

Attached Files:

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch