Yellow tint be gone!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mtnDewFTW, Apr 12, 2010.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, so as some of you may have seen my earlier posts, I'm getting my iMac replaced.

So, to those of you who have purchased iMacs within the past 2 months, or know someone who has, what's the update on the screen problems?
    Are they all finally fixed? Or are there still some that have those problems?

2. mattpol macrumors regular

Did you really not scroll down on the main forum page to see the myriad posts on this VERY topic?

3. mystikjoe macrumors regular

i have a week 13 replacement that's out of this world!!!!

4. alanwong macrumors member

:eek:

Avoid like the plague...

5. vandal76 macrumors newbie

Got mine last Thursday...

...and screen is yellow at the bottom, faint grey line just where the dock is, and light bleed on bottom right...have appointment this Sunday with a genius, hopefully will get a replacement...
    :(

6. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

I think my love affair with the Apple iMac is over for now. Just too many problems. I know I'm not the only one who has been dissuaded from purchasing this seemingly splendid machine.

Good luck to all who endure this yellow screen debacle.

7. xpected_one macrumors regular

xpected_one

Received mine on the 7th returned for a refund on the 8th. I don't know why apple is ok with sending these machines out like this knowingly? It's almost insulting. I love my apple products but refuse to "settle" for a mac with a possibly worsening yellow tinge.

8. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't get that either.. Apple has always put so much pride into their product and the quality of it, and now out of nowhere, everyone has been having the same exact problem. I know that reading up on stuff like this online really magnifies the problem, but when EVERYONE on the forum that bought an iMac has this SAME problem, obviously something's up.
    Some people have gotten like 8 or 9 replacements, all with problems.
    I'm really wondering what went wrong with this iMac, compared to the rest of the products they have been shippng out last/this year.
    As far as I know, this seems to be the most flawed one.
    (aside from the iPad's WiFi issue, but that looks more like a firmware issue).

9. Btom macrumors 6502a

The short answer is NOT. Apple will however let you replace the one you don't like, so you may eventually hit the jackpot. Also, the chances seem to be similar.

Tom B.

10. StarTzar macrumors member

Good luck and don't hold your breath. Chances are that your replacement will be just as flawed as the one you now have.

I decided to keep the 7th exchange. The yellow tinge is still there but not as bad as number 1 through 6.

I still intend to get a screen replacement when Apple gets their act together.

11. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oddly enough my older one had no yellow tint whatsoever. None that I nor my friend could spot anyway. I had a backlight bleed issue which was just terrible and an obnoxiously loud HDD that made the whole machine vibrate like a car engine. Also the fans weren't working right. Because the computer would always be extreamly hot and the fans made a whisling noise. So I guess u basically had every issue except for the yellow tint. Is it really too much to ask Apple to make a normal computer?

12. natewsmith macrumors regular

I've never had that problem. Or the part being broken.

I got this new one last month.

13. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's awesome :) I wish you the best of luck with your iMac in future.
    You hav sorta restored hope in me lol. I guess there are a few well functioning machine out there.