yellow tint going away??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by silversx, Jun 25, 2010.

?

Did the yellow spots on your iPhone 4 go away?

1. Yes, had it but not it's gone

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. No, had it and still have it

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. What yellow spots?

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. silversx macrumors regular

anyone have their yellow spots on retina display go away since they first noticed it??

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

There have been reports that the yellow tint was due to a bonding agent that dries over time, causing the yellow to disappear.

3. silversx thread starter macrumors regular

i heard.. just want to see if anyone that had the yellow actually had it go away (dry up)..

4. ignign0kt macrumors member

Just got mine today, has the spots on the bottom. Will wait a couple days and see what happens

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

6. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

Mine has a yellow spot on bottom right. It was very noticeable yesterday but has become less obvious. But it's still there ( especially using the Settings brightness screen as a backdrop.) I don't know what I'll do - maybe wait till Monday. Sigh. I waited in line for 5 hours for this. Can't see accepting a lemon. :(

7. Mant macrumors newbie

I also have this yellow tint on the top left corner of the display. I am on day 3 now and I wake up to it gone, but after some use it slowly fades back in, then I leave it a while and it fades away to be just barely visible (which will always bug me if it remains like this), I am hoping a few days like this and it will work its way dry/cure.

I had an appointment with the Apple Store genius people today but I've canceled it, as I doubt they will have any replacements in the afternoon of the first shopping saturday after its release. I'll give it a week and if its still there ill set the wheels in motion again in getting it replaced, as you pay good money for these things and it shouldn't be a dud like some of these are.

It sucks a bit being in limbo and having to prevent really enjoying it (as in loading all the things on and customising it the way I want) when I know it may have to be returned pretty soon.

ho-hum, lets see how things turn out this coming week.

8. ignign0kt macrumors member

Woke up this morning and it looked like they were gone. However after a few minutes of use I noticed them again... what the f is up with this crap

9. sirris101 macrumors member

Same thing for me as the two prior posters. Barely visible when I wake up, and then reappears with use. Will head to Apple Store next week if it doesn't go away.

10. tokiidokii macrumors regular

i have the yellow stuff too. 3 or so at the bottom but they seem to have disappeared. however, there are these 3 spots on top and an elongated one that goes vertical from to about maybe a quarter of the screen down so it looks like it forms the letter T.

usually when the phone is resting, the top blotches aren't there but when you start using it, it starts to reappear again. it's very noticeable when the phone is hot. i was studying outside and it was i think around 90+ degrees F and i noticed that all the spots start to reappear, with the top ones being REALLY noticeable.

i really hope this goes away but i did get my phone friday so it's been only 3 days. going to wait a week or two then i'll start making calls i guess *fingers crossed*. everything else is in perfect working order though.