Yellow tint iMac mid 2010 (Help! :( )

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cavi, Nov 17, 2012.

1. cavi macrumors regular

cavi

Hello,
    I own iMac mid 2010 and mid 2009 MBP. recently I notice that my iMac is "yellower" in perspective to my MBP.

The distributer in my country is not so friendly, so before I go to him I want to be sure that is a real problem and not "normal differences between the displays".

Please take a look at the picture in this link.

Thanks! :)

2. johto macrumors 6502

johto

3. Tigerman82 macrumors regular

You do know that this yellow tint issue with the iMacs is a common phenomenon. Unless you mean that your iMac's screen has suddenly gone a bit yellow then it's just normal. It depends on luck really. My 2010 iMac has a bit of the yellow tint in the low center of the screen (there is a test that can determine this more accurately where there are two horizontal grey bars on a white background). I've heard of people who have desperately tried to exchange their "yellow iMacs" 3-6 times getting another yellow tint iMac in return. You can just google "iMac yellow tint issue" for more information and for the test.

At first I was dissatisfied and wanted to exchange the iMac but, truth be told, I cannot see the yellow tint unless I do the test. I've had zero instances where I do something with my iMac and I see the yellow tint. Obviously if you do a lot of graphics or designing, it could be a problem.

4. cavi thread starter macrumors regular

cavi

Before I replay, I want to thank johto for the links! =]

Tigerman82, I know the "grays rest". no difference between the upper and the lower screen areas. I noticed the yellow tint when i place the MBP like you see in the pic.

after some reading (google and your replay) I think that I will stay with the yellow tint. I don't want to replace the display and have again yellow tint screen.

Thanks! :eek::)