Yellow tint in 2011 MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Madlamz, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Madlamz macrumors newbie

So i recently bought a 2011 13" MBA and it was great at first but after a few days i noticed that even at max brightness its just not as bright as i thought it would be....fast foward a week later and my gf gets herself the same MBA, but her mba is nice and bright, after comparing the two side by side it was obvious that my screen had a yellow tint.

I scheduled an appointment at an apple store since i still have a few months left of applecare. Are they going to completely replace the laptop? Whats their usual protocol for something like this.

The sad thing is that its both a Samsung screen & SSD.:(

2. MacBird macrumors 6502

There is most likely nothing wrong with your display, it just needs to be calibrated to adjust the white point.

3. Madlamz thread starter macrumors newbie

Idk...its not just the tint. The overall brightness seems to be just not as bright as my gfs mba.

4. MacBird macrumors 6502

Is auto brightness on or off? Try to turn it off and set the brightness to a comfortable level. Most displays are set too bright which only causes unnecessary eye strain.

5. Madlamz thread starter macrumors newbie

So after taking it to an Apple store they acknowledged the yellowing and agreed to replace the display for me...the NEW display had the same yellow tint though. After going back again with the same problem, the "genius" thought that the logic board could be the culprit...so they took my Air and sent it to some warehouse for repair.

It came back in the mail today and wouldn't ya know it....SAME YELLOW TINT.

I spoke to someone at apple-care for quite some time and scheduled another appointment to get it looked it and probably get the display replaced again.

Say that it does get replaced again and the issue persists...should i demand a new MBA altogether? This is getting a little ridiculous now.