Yellow tint - iOS Beta 10.1 related?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by highdefjunkie, Oct 17, 2016.

1. highdefjunkie macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

After comparing my iPhone 7+ to multiple floor models/friends phone, Mine definitely has the yellow tint issue. The only difference between my phone and all the rest is I'm running iOS 10.1 beta.

I could be reaching here, but could the latest beta version possibly have a warmer/yellow tint look to it?
    Or am I out of my mind and this has nothing to do with it.

The yellow tint is driving me crazy. but I don't want to have to return my phone and then wait weeks to get a new one if this could possibly be the culprit.

Appreciate any feedback,

2. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Try adjusting the overall color balance at:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations >

Try tweaking both Color Filters and Reduce White Point.

3. bbates123 macrumors 6502

I highly doubt that the 10.1 beta has anything to do with it. Many people (including myself) reporting that their phones are warmer than the cherry picked display models. It really doesn't bother me as long as I don't look at my 6S or the Apple Store display models and see how much nicer they look.

4. highdefjunkie thread starter macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

Yeah. I've done all of that. I guess my argument is I shouldn't have to do that in order to make my phone looks like the rest of them. (If that makes sense)

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Same here. My 7 display colors are warmer than my SE. But it really doesn't bother me because I'm not going to sit there and complain/compare the two screens all day.

OP, I highly doubt iOS 10.1 made your screen more yellow. And you shouldn't have to play around with the color profile on your phone to get it to the colors you want to. You could schedule a Genius appointment if it's really bothering you and see what they say.

6. highdefjunkie thread starter macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

I did make a Genius Bar appointment. He said he can tell a difference but all screens are gonna be different. Since they don't have any available in the stores to replace, and I'm within my 14 day return period, he suggested I call Apple to schedule a return. But if I return it, I'll be without a phone for weeks until I receive a new one.

7. FoxD macrumors 6502a

I keep going to my brightness and want to turn it up but it's already maxed out. This is my third 7 Plus and better than the others I had but it's still warm and not as bright. Bugs the hell out of me too.

8. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Are u sure that it's a yellow tint or just warmer? There is a difference