Yellow tint issue just a viewing angle problem of big screens?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Uhu, May 8, 2011.

1. Uhu macrumors member

I own to Dell 24" monitors. And when I look at them, the colors are vibrant and clear.
    But only at the area I directly look at at a 90°+- angle. When I look to the lower third of the display, I can see a slight fade into yellow. When I move my head down, the yellow tint disappears (90° viewing angle).
    So a 27" screen would have these issues even more.

Could it be, that this issue is just a viewing angle problem?

2. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

No. What you're seeing is the color-shift that's inherent to TN monitors. iMacs don't suffer from similar color-shifting since they have IPS panels.

3. leman macrumors 604

There is a thing called "IPS-glow" which IPS displays often suffer from. My 27" iMac had it, and it did manifest itself as a yellow tint on some viewing angles. If watched direct from 90°, the display was perfect.

Also, lots of the yellow-tint issues are in fact psychological effects. People start reading up on the problem and then they imagine seeing it as well. I did some tests with friends of mine — I let them inspect my monitor and ask if they see anything wrong. The answer was always "no, its perfect!". Then I proceeded to ask "but don't you think it has some yellow tint on the bottom/top/left/right?". And the response was "Now that you say it...".

4. theking79 macrumors 6502

agreed about the psychological thing, I think I can see a yellow tint on my imac, only because i have read up on it and have seen others problems, when other people look at the screen they dont see anything.

5. stigzy macrumors member

So now i have to forget that i read this thread. So i dont imagine yellow tint on my new 27" comming iMac :rolleyes:

6. leman macrumors 604

I'll put it this way: if there is really a problem with your monitor, you will notice it right away, without having to ask anyone ;)