Yellow tint on right side of replacement

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Colonel Badger, May 2, 2011.

1. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

So my original iPad 2 had light bleed at the bottom of the screen. I took it back Saturday and the new one is night and day better. ZERO bleed, even at 100% brightness. The Genius let me go out back of the Apple store and check the brown-boxed replacement to make sure before I left.

Of course it hadn't been activated yet so the only thing on the screen was the "plug in to iTunes" icon. But it was enough for me to check light bleed.

Get it home and sync it and check the screen again. No light bleed. No dead pixels. But a strange yellow tint to the very far right of the screen. I remembered reading about this kind of thing back when the iPhone 4 was released and thought I'd read some iPad 2 owners had seen it. Does this go over time, or am I off to the Apple store again ??

I'm loathed to try another iPad 2 just in case I get another light bleeder or another issue. Seem's like it's a lottery right now what you get form Apple re: iPad 2's.

Thoughts?

2. Cole JM macrumors regular

Yeah. I have it too. But don't care because I'm not using thus fir photo editing so whatever. Plus with AppleCare I can swap it out whenever I want. I also have backlight bleeding.

3. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

4. Zeos macrumors 6502

Probably glue. If it does not go away in a week or two and it still bothers you, take it back.

5. Colonel Badger thread starter macrumors 6502

What are you talking about muppet. Of course i'm aware of the Back Light bleeding thread. As well as the brown-box thread.

This is a thread about YELLOW TINT. Something different. But thanks very much for your insightful reply.

6. Cole JM macrumors regular

It's not glue. I've had it for about 2 months.

7. Colonel Badger thread starter macrumors 6502

Crap, guess I'm going back to Apple again :mad:

8. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

NO IT is NOT different!
    Well, keep going dick..d... :)

9. Cole JM macrumors regular

You're the rude person here. If you can't contribute stay out.

10. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

There is a 100 + pages long forum topic about this, so please contribute there if you have anything meaningful to post ;)
    BTW; Yes, I am rude when dealing with ignorance...