Yellow tint (one year later)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aike2293, Jul 21, 2011.

1. aike2293 macrumors newbie

Hi,

About a week ago, I took my iPhone in to ATT to have the sim card removed. A couple hours later I noticed a tint where the sim card slot is. ATT and Apple both said that it could not have been ATT's fault, but that seems to be only the logical conclusion. Apple wouldn't tell me how the tint could have possibly happened without paying 30 dollars for their crappy service. I am out of warranty by 16 days!

If anyone else has had this issue, or has any ideas on how to fix this, please let me now.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

did the guy at ATT have yellow fingers?

3. awadeee, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I can't see there being a connection unless the ATT guy is a huge moron and was jamming the SIM tray around and jiggling it and such. Even then it's a pretty tight fit.

4. aike2293 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks. So how else could this have happened? I haven't dropped the phone and there has been absolutely no water damage within the past month (at least!) and the screen was fine before I brought the phone in.

Does anyone know any solutions to fix this problem?

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Take it to Apple and just tell them it's been like that all along. Request a replacement. The yellow screen is pretty common but I've never heard of it being isolated to one side of the screen or being triggered by an action.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I prefer my warmer {yellow tinted} screen !

After looking at the blue hue ones on display I don't have to turn the brightness up as nearly as much as theirs !

Although mine is a complete screen tint.

I have read threads of people who have one half with the warmer tint and one side with the blue hue !

I agree make an appointment with an apple genius who will help.