Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeiter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Canada
hi there,

I have a late 2013 retina macbook pro and the screen seems to present a yellowish tint in the center of the screen, very faint. I guess I will have to argue a lot with the genius at the apple store so he changes my screen. I do have AppleCare. It tends to be more apparent when brightness is not at max!

I would like to know if they change screen, do new rMBP screens (LG/samsung/other) suffer from the same problems as older generations? What is the odd of getting a yellowish screen? Will Apple still replace the screen with a 2013 one or will the new screens fit my computer? Am I asking perfection with perfect white screen because those LED don't use True White technology?

It's kind of annoying because now the whites in the center of my screen are warmer than all the other parts of it. I hope I don't have to do a crisis at the Apple store..

Thanks for your input.

Kuray

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2010
Mine replaced. New one is better but still a bit yellow then latest MacBook Pro without Retina.

Desi530

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2015
My new 2015 rMPB got the LG screen and it had uneven tint issues. The right side had blueish whites and left side had yellowish whites, and it was spotted the day I bought it. So an answer to your question is yes. They do get issues but that's only if you get the LG screen (A029). I haven't heard anybody complain about the Samsung screens (A02A).

Philthy84

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
My new 2015 rMPB got the LG screen and it had uneven tint issues. The right side had blueish whites and left side had yellowish whites, and it was spotted the day I bought it. So an answer to your question is yes. They do get issues but that's only if you get the LG screen (A029). I haven't heard anybody complain about the Samsung screens (A02A).
I purchased a 13" 2015 rMBP 2 weeks ago and got the Samsung screen it's pretty flawless to my eyes. BTW Go Niners! Should be an interesting season.

Reactions: Desi530

Desi530

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2015
I purchased a 13" 2015 rMBP 2 weeks ago and got the Samsung screen it's pretty flawless to my eyes. BTW Go Niners! Should be an interesting season.
Hey you got so lucky, I heard A02A's are harder to come around these days. I did a couple of exchanges and never got one.

-Off topic... Looking forward to seeing Hayne play and check out the chemistry between Kap and T. Smith!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.