Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eduardmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2017
I know this has been discussed a million time just want to give my take and help a few that are annoyed by this like i was.

I have a 11 pro max and my wife has an 11 which suppost to have one of the best LCD screen. It has a very white point which makes my screen look like dirt and yellowish. Is very annoying and i know this is calibration and the way apple wants our screen to look but i take a whiter white point over this dirty yellowish white.

Disable auto brightness in accesability. Display

follow this step which most of u already know. (This is not a fix. Is a bad workout but it works for me and may works for others)
Go to accesibility - display - color filter - color tint.
Change the HUE to around 60-70% (i use 60%)

now here is the fix. Go to night shift turn it on and move slider all way LEFT to “less warm”. Now. Adjust that slider to ur liking. I have it almost all way to the left around 95% all the way.

reason for the nightshift. Is to lower the blue tint from the color filter hue.

Tip. I schedule my nightshift to turn off at 3:59am and turn on 4am. This way it always on. Not sure how to do it manually since it only let u enable until the next day according to the settings.

I have yet to see any different after comparing photos after photos (display calibration apps and websites) with ON and OFF.

Adding this fix. will lower ur Max bightness by around 5% because of the added filter.

Attachments

• ED307634-6941-4C6C-9FEB-C62E29ACD7BA.jpeg
    ED307634-6941-4C6C-9FEB-C62E29ACD7BA.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 488
  • DE550AF4-F070-420F-ACAE-60243ED5877B.jpeg
    DE550AF4-F070-420F-ACAE-60243ED5877B.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Dogman12

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2017
Not the worst scenario to get rid of yellow tint, but basically you just ****ed up all the colors, playing with them.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Eduardmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2017
Not the worst scenario to get rid of yellow tint, but basically you just ****ed up all the colors, playing with them.

not according to all the display calibration which seems all my colors to be accurate. Lagom and others.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
I know this has been discussed a million time just want to give my take and help a few that are annoyed by this like i was.

I have a 11 pro max and my wife has an 11 which suppost to have one of the best LCD screen. It has a very white point which makes my screen look like dirt and yellowish. Is very annoying and i know this is calibration and the way apple wants our screen to look but i take a whiter white point over this dirty yellowish white.

follow this step which most of u already know. (This is not a fix. Is a bad workout but it works for me and may works for others)

now here is the fix. Go to night shift turn it on and move slider all way LEFT to “less warm”. Now. Adjust that slider to ur liking. I have it almost all way to the left around 95% all the way.

Tip. I schedule my nightshift to turn off at 3:59am and turn on 4am. This way it always on. Not sure how to do it manually since it only let u enable until the next day according to the settings.

I have yet to see any different after comparing photos after photos (display calibration apps and websites) with ON and OFF.

Adding this fix. will lower ur Max bightness by around 5% because of the added filter.

You can leave night shift off and change the slider to less warm. Mine still changes colour with night shift off.

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
Thanks for posting the workaround. Also consider using this feedback link and let Apple know that their current calibration implementation is unacceptable. Otherwise they continue producing overly warm displays without recourse.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2013
In

this works great!!

Reactions: Eduardmc

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Yellowish is your friend. White is not. White has too much blue in it which is not good for your eyes. Your eyes can adjust to a warmer screen easily. Macular Degeneration can not.

Eduardmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2017
You can leave night shift off and change the slider to less warm. Mine still changes colour with night shift off.
Changing the color filter hue slide might not be enough to most people because the hue slide filter will leave the white point to bluesh/greenish/purplih even at its whiter point. Reason why adding the night shift creates the yellows it needed to calibrate the white point to 6-6500k calibration.

if using color filter hue is good enough for ur eyes then great but i couldnt adjust my eyes to it.

this is just A bypass until apple incorporate a color/white point calibration in IOS Like most android manufactures are doing.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2013

Can you post a Pic of your colour filter and night shift sliders I want to set mine the way you have yours to see how it looks

Eduardmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2017
Can you post a Pic of your colour filter and night shift sliders I want to set mine the way you have yours to see how it looks
here you go

Attachments

• 27CD0974-3E73-4FA7-A75A-185F6A6166B8.jpeg
    27CD0974-3E73-4FA7-A75A-185F6A6166B8.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 438
  • 31A7EEE1-A940-48F6-9DCF-A6589990E60F.jpeg
    31A7EEE1-A940-48F6-9DCF-A6589990E60F.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 251

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2013
here you go
Thanks so much I will try this, did you find that this changed your colour accuracy by a lot or did it actually make it better? Just asking cause ppl keep saying that if you change the tint on the colour filters it messes up the colour accuracy.

Eduardmc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2017
Thanks so much I will try this, did you find that this changed your colour accuracy by a lot or did it actually make it better? Just asking cause ppl keep saying that if you change the tint on the colour filters it messes up the colour accuracy.
After doing some calibration Test color seems not to change. U can see for urself after switch to ur liking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.