Yellow Tinted LCD: I thought this was solved

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jalpert, Apr 28, 2009.

1. jalpert macrumors 6502

I had my day 1 iPhone until last week. The wifi conked out and I took it in for replacement. I was not happy with the replacement unit. The lock button was spungy not clicky and the silence switch was loose. On top of all that the screen was a lot more yellow then my original screen.

I take it in to replace that phone and the new phone is all good except the LCD. The LCD is tinted yellow again. White doesn't even look white, especially from certain angles. Compared to another 3G, my phone is a lot more yellow.

My question is, is there anyone else experiencing this? I did a search and I guess this was a problem with the initial run, but is anyone else having to switch out their phone multiple times until they get a phone that isn't all yellowed out?

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Search MR and Google for 'iPhone yellow screen'

Print out 15/20 pages of people complaining.

Take them and your iPhone back to the store.

Don't leave until its replaced, end of. :)

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I actually prefer the warmer screens. The blue tint reminds me of Windows... yuck. Perhaps I'm weird. Also, what firmware came installed on the replacement 3G? When the iPhone first came out, they had yellow tints and it was fixed in 2.0.1 or something.

4. John89 macrumors regular

Im pretty sure it was meant to be like that to give it a warmer look.

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I agree, my first 3G had a warmer yellower tone to the screen. Last week, I got a replacement, and it's all cold and blue. The screen and colors are overall less vivid.

6. jalpert thread starter macrumors 6502

It came with 2.2.1. Upgraded to 3.0 and still the same. I did a search, but most of the information that was up pertained to the initial release on 2.0 where doing a restore to a different 2.0 build fixed the issue.

Color temperature is one thing, but white doesn't even look white, it looks grimy. Hopefully I get my normal screen back, I guess it just boils down to what you are used to.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There's 2 things going on.

The 3G phone had a warmer look than the first phone.

In ADDITION, there was a problem where some screens had a problem that made them fairly yellow. This lead to all sorts of confusion as people complained about both issues at the same time, and no one really knew who was talking about what.

As for this poster, I'd first say he's talking about not liking the warmer screens. After all, it's been months now, surely he's not getting actual yellow screens in April 2009, right? I wanted to chalk this up to the "get used to it" file.

But he also said these phones are more yellow than his friend's 3G, so maybe he IS getting refurbished phones with the old 'yellow screen' problem.

I really have no idea.

8. jalpert thread starter macrumors 6502

I had a 3G for 8 months. My replacements have both been more yellow than my original. I thought I was crazy, but I've had this unit side by side with 2 other 3g's and my phone is more yellow.

The fact that my last phone wasn't this yellow, and it's more yellow than my friend's phones leads me to believe that there is a problem with my phone. I'm not sure though since this is my second replacement, but I'm fairly convinced at this point that there is an issue.

9. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq