Yellow Tinting - back again?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by digitalpencil, Nov 21, 2009.

1. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

I realize that this is probably a blast from the past for many but i recently took my MBP back to Apple after failing on various issues.

It's a 15" SR MBP right at the end of its AppleCare plan so i counted myself lucky that my 8600M GT decided to perish within this period. I equally had another couple of issues with the machine; the super-drive was dead and the LCD had begun develop mura (semi-transparent spots that let through more light) small, but annoying enough to warrant a replacement.

I had the graphics card, display and superdrive replaced (i was curious that they didn't just give me a new machine given the graphics card is soldered to the logic board and the only remaining hardware would be the chassis, battery, RAM/HDD).

It has since come back (after a longer wait than first quoted) but the display is nowhere near as good as my old one and appears to have a yellow tint that runs down the left-hand side of the screen, the colours are washed out and the black response is poor, with information becoming lost easily..

what do i do here? i'm a web developer/graphic designer and this stuff really is important to me but i equally *need* this machine for work.. i nearly lost clients over Apple having kept it for longer than the quoted period and had to commute miles every day to use a spare machine.. it was a nightmare and i was so happy to have it back but the display is nowhere near as good as my old one..

Has anyone else suffered any issues like these? have any advice? i really don't want to give it back for another fortnight but equally hate this new display... :mad:

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Luckily I live near a certified apple dealer and they just had to look on my MBP, to verify i had an issue, when I got a few darker spots on mine.
    They ordered a new screen and I came back there with the MBP a few days later, and the screen was changed within two hours (maybe less, I had a few errands to run while they fixed it).

There is no reason that they should keep the machine while the wait for replacement parts to get shipped. When I started to get graphic errors on the 8600M GT they did the same, just ordered the parts and I came down there a few days later to have the mobo replaced as I waited.

Maybe I just have the friendliest apple reseller around :)

3. digitalpencil thread starter macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

cheers, i made the mistake of taking it back to the busiest repair center in the UK so the wait was excruciating.. i drop it back in, get them to verify the issue, and call me when they have a replacement panel..