Yellowing screen (again) brand new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bronksy, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bronksy macrumors 6502

bronksy

I thought this had been resolved a long while ago.
    I notice is mainly on white background- this is a full loaded BTO machine maxed out with everything but the bottom of the screen looks yellow. Worse from certain angles- but should I return it or am I wasting
    my time to get a more perfect screen

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321198000.662958.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321198018.421858.jpg

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Isn't it ironic? :D

3. bronksy thread starter macrumors 6502

bronksy

Eh? Posting something from 2 years ago- totally different topic and circumstances. That was people complaining about a laptop that was not available.

I also don't think I'm bitching. Just asking a question?

I was not a pro photographer 2 years ago- and I hadn't just bought a £3000 iMac that has been around for over a year in its current form. My requirements have changed somewhat.

I don't think that was particularly helpful and just a little pointless. Thank you though for trawling through over 2 years of my posts and reminding me what I've already written.

I am flattered. My first forum stalker.

Do you have anything helpful?

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I can never understand why some people feel compelled to ask others for their opinion on subjects such as this. Depending how they are set up, other machines are going to reproduce the screen shots in different ways, rendering any answers quite useless.

Check your profile and then judge for yourself if the display is suitable for your requirements. If it's not to your liking, take it to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider and ask for their opinion.

5. bronksy thread starter macrumors 6502

bronksy

Another helpful comment. Must be the weather.

It's that what the forums are for? I know there were widespread issues with screens a while ago- so to save me losing money and work by taking my iMac to a service center to have to come back the same or possibly worse is a waste of my time and money. I was simply asking others their advice.

So far I've had 2 sarcastic responses. Brilliant.

Anyone else?

6. John T, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

John T macrumors 68020

John T

My reply was not sarcastic - it was a personal observation.

You asked for advice - I gave it :-

"Check your profile and then judge for yourself if the display is suitable for your requirements. If it's not to your liking, take it to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider and ask for their opinion."

Doing the above and getting an opinion from a professional who is experienced in Apple devices is not going to cost you any money. If they think your machine is below par they will arrange for a free replacement.

Similar questions on Forums such as this usually result in "Send it back" or "Put up with it" type answers which will leave you none the wiser.

7. iMarvin macrumors 6502

iMarvin

Hi, i can notice a slight difference in mine too. But not that i can't really live with. If mine was like yours i would take it back definitely. :)

I have a standard high end one if that makes any difference. :apple: