Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
I have a replacement iPad 2 swapped for backlight bleed, and I've noticed there is a yellow tinge all the way down the right side of my iPad. It is a very even tinge. This is not backlight bleeding, just minor discoloration.

Has anyone had this, and does it go away? I am assuming it is glue, it is colored just like the iPhone 4 glue issues, but it's not splotchy, just down one side.

Kmart9419

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2011
Yes, I had that tinge on my dull yellow screen. On the very left and right border in portrait mode, from top to bottom, very even. Looks slighted darker than the rest of the screen. Very apparent on white background with text. Annoying. I don't believe this is a defect since it is so uniform and I saw the same thing with a verizon display model. I believe the manufacturer will be samsung.

The answer is no, this is not a glue issue and will not go away. 10 days now and it's still here. Definitly going back to apple. Hoping for a lg screen with a small backlight bleed.

Kmart9419

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2011
FYI, glue is not an issue with an iPad 2. The screen is not glued onto the glass like iPhone 4. Watch the YouTube disassembly and you will see the glass is glued to the frame and not the LCD.

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
It's not bad, and it just depends on the angle. Definitely not a deal breaker since I can't see it half the time. As far as the display goes I like it. I am keeping this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.