Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
so i have the iphone 5 i was comparing my new screen to my old 4s and i noticied that it has a yellowish tinit to it. when viewing emails my old 4s was a clear white, my new iphone its a bit yellow is this normal??

mzjin

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
so i have the iphone 5 i was comparing my new screen to my old 4s and i noticied that it has a yellowish tinit to it. when viewing emails my old 4s was a clear white, my new iphone its a bit yellow is this normal??

Yes, it's better color accuracy. The 4S are blue as hell.

Jasonh85

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
UK
some Iphone 5's are blue though, especially the 16GB version in stores, ive check a few of them

what size is yours?

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
ya same here my 4s is much whitter and bluer my 5 is much warmer i didnt know if this is normal when i view all white pages its got a yellow tint

leo8877

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
This happens every product release. Go to the store and they won't be like that. If it doesn't go away after a few days, the exchange it. Hope you bought from Apple directly.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
ya same here my 4s is much whitter and bluer my 5 is much warmer i didnt know if this is normal when i view all white pages its got a yellow tint

If it bugs you, take it back. It seems to be much more common with the 5s versus the older ones. I personally prefer it to the more blue whites. I think it looks more natural.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
no i didnt purchase from apple i pre ordered it through verizon i was going to go to apple and buy apple care plus if i do that can i go through apple directly

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
This isn't yellow tint. The iPhone is full sRGB now. Most of your displays and other devices were never sRGB. Thus why the phone looks different compared to the 4S. The 4S has terrible color accuracy. It's not yellow tint, you just think it is.

Joannelimsh

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
The yellowish tint has appeared on many new iOS devices, usually the ones within the first few days of release. The iPad, the iPhone 4S, and of course the iPhone 5 have all been photographed and videoed next to their older brethren to show the differences. MacRumors even started an “official” yellow tint thread last week as a nod to the typical new screen issue.

However, the cause of this yellow tint may be simple. Apparently, there’s an adhesive for the digitizer that takes a little while to fully cure. While it’s still drying, it gives a new screen a yellowish tint. According to many sources, this tint will go away in the next few days, or in a week or so. It’s nothing to worry about. A similar answer was proposed in an official Apple discussion thread, so that’s at least two separate sources saying essentially the same thing. I’m comforted.

Now, if your iPhone 5 continues to stay yellow, or develops any of the other issues being reported, it may be time to take it in for a replacement.

Retrieved from : http://www.cultofmac.com/192299/does-your-iphone-5-screen-seem-yellow-dont-worry-overmuch/

Joannelimsh

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
I really hope our iphone5 yellowish tint will go off and look as white and cool like our iphone 4/4s.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
ya i hope this is normal i pre ordere through verizon i was going to go to apple later this week and purchase apple care plus if i do this can i go through apple instaed of verizon

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Could be because the glue hasn't fully dried/set. Give it a few days and see if it goes away.

Why this info isn't pinned at every iPhone launch confuses me. I had the issue last year after reading about it for two or three launch cycles. About two days later it was all of a sudden gone. If it's a couple of weeks later, then you may have an issue.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
is it suppose to be warmer than the 4s its more yellowish anyone else is like this??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.