Yellowness on the screen appeared 2 days later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TechWhore, Jun 25, 2010.

1. TechWhore macrumors regular

Hey everyone out there.... I thought I was in the clear on the 23rd, when I checked my phone and had no yellowness on the screen. Now 2 days later I have developed 2 yellow spots.... one in each bottom corner....

Has anyone seen a case like this? To my knowledge the yellowness is usually visible at first use, and then goes away over time... at least I thought thats what the official word was?

2. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Screen shots?

I'm not even sure what this yellowing issue looks like. Whatever it is, I don't have it.

3. cewagner macrumors newbie

Yellow spots appeared

Hey I had the same thing happen. I also had a clear screen at first and now today I have yellow spots. Will they replace the phone because of this? Is it something I should worry about?

4. TechWhore thread starter macrumors regular

I called apple support yesterday and they said they would replace it. I just needed to make an appointment at the genius bar and take it in. Due to work this week though I will be unable until tuesday.

Please note from what I have seen with my phone and a friends it appears to be heat activated. So when you get a new iphone run a very intensive app, and maybe the ipod in the background. This should cause your phone to heat up and if splotches are going to occur, they will do so then.

5. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

So tomorrow then? :rolleyes: Don't make it sound so dramatic.

As for trying to induce yellow spots, how about throwing it down on the ground really hard so that you can see if your screen will develop cracks? Same logic. Just as silly.

6. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

You make no sense go away....

Bored of people posting like little bitchy school girls to start some sort of fuss.

Good luck with getting your phones swapped guys hopefully it will not happen again

7. dsa1971 macrumors regular

I've had a yellow band since day 1. I'll give it until the end of the week and then talk to someone at the apple store.

8. purpleclad macrumors member

I had the yellow band that went completely up the left side. It would almost completely fade when the phone was cool, but then would really darken up when listening to the ipod for some time, or taking a long phone call. Mine was absolutely heat induced. I ran Pandora for about 15 minutes prior to my Genius appointment, they easily saw the issue and opened a brand new phone on the spot for me. The new one has no yellow band or splotches.

9. TechWhore thread starter macrumors regular

I made a genius bar appointment and mine is going to be exchanged tmrw. I just don't want to wait 2 weeks and get stuck with a refurb. I'm going to make sure for $300 I'm getting a new phone.

10. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

11. dsa1971 macrumors regular

Were you able to exchange your phone? My appt is the end of the week. I'm wondering if they will have any phones available to replace mine. I was thinking they would just let me keep mine until a replacement comes in.