Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HE15MAN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Florida's Treasure Coast
While at Yellowstone, I got to take my first pictures of Buffalo! Let me know how I did please

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

G.T.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I like the last one best, the first is not bad though. Did you try to edit image, maybe try an HDR technique as the colours seem over processed. Thats why I like the last one best, that and its like its hiding :p

stivenmichelus

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Thats call nature photography, I really like all those photos Buffaloes are given over here,
I think Its a forest buffaloes. I like mostly nature photos and I like to collect different types of nature photos.

funkboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2008
elsewhere
You might want to crop out the out-of-focus grass in the foreground.

I'd also add a bit of fill light in the ones with obviously dark shadows on the subject & dial in some local contrast enhancement. The knob in Lightroom that does this is called "Clarity", not sure what it's called in Aperture.

You can go even further with tone curves, but that's something that takes a long time time to learn how to use effectively...

HE15MAN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Florida's Treasure Coast
You might want to crop out the out-of-focus grass in the foreground.

I'd also add a bit of fill light in the ones with obviously dark shadows on the subject & dial in some local contrast enhancement. The knob in Lightroom that does this is called "Clarity", not sure what it's called in Aperture.

You can go even further with tone curves, but that's something that takes a long time time to learn how to use effectively...

I think the grass adds a nice touch of depth, and beauty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.