Yellowstone/Grand Teton images posted!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Triplenickle, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Triplenickle macrumors regular

HI Folks...

My wife and I returned last week from our first trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Teton National Parks. It took us 30 yrs to get there and we hope to return now, every year. These parks are really beautiful and amazing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/galloimages

There are 4-5 pages (so far) of images posted. I took over 3000 clicks.

I used two bodies: Canon XSi with the 17-55mm IS (landscapes) and a Canon 40D with the 100-400mm L IS with a Kenko Pro TC 1.4x. (wildlife) but sometimes switched off, depending on the scene.

These parks are a nature/wildlife photographer's dream! It was an exhilarating experience for both of us... Truly breathtaking.

Enjoy!

Mark

2. hubristol macrumors regular

hubristol

3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Nice shots, that area is beautiful! I haven't been out there for a few years... :(

4. Triplenickle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. You must go... just find a way and go...life is short and you will be impressed for the rest of your life....

The bee in flight pic was a fluke in a sense. My wife and I were walking through the Denver Civic Park and came across a rose garden. My wife loves roses so I took some Rose pics and the bees were buzzing around so I was determined to get one of them in flight.... and after several frames, I got the one I was happy with....

5. Triplenickle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Dan. We plan to go back in late September 2009 for the Elk rut, fall changing colors, etc.

6. hubristol macrumors regular

hubristol

Ain't that the truth.

7. Triplenickle thread starter macrumors regular

yes, indeed.