Yelp for iOS Gains Support for Apple Pay

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 11, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Yelp's iOS app received a major update today, introducing support for Apple Pay for the first time.

With Apple Pay support, Apple's payments service can be used to make purchases from local businesses through Yelp for things like delivery or takeout food.

[​IMG]

When you make a purchase and then go to the checkout and payment process, Apple Pay is now listed as an available purchase option in the Yelp app alongside credit card and Paypal. Apple Pay is a purchase option for a wide range of items within the Yelp app, including food, concert tickets, and more.
    The Apple Pay update became available in an update released this morning. Yelp can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Yelp for iOS Gains Support for Apple Pay

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

Yelp is easily the WORST mobile app on my iPhone. I use the app regularly but I cringe at poor interface every time I use it. Worse, the app loves to use data and balloon up its cache (it's now using 3.2GB on my iPhone).

Unfortunately, there any suitable replacements.

3. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

Wait wtf. I didn’t even know you could’ve used Yelp to buy anything. I have always disliked yelp, just so boring and unintuitive.

4. FactVsOpinion macrumors 6502

5. advancewarsbest macrumors member

6. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

Are gas stations on yelp? Can this be used as a workaround to pay at the pump?

7. tmiw macrumors 68000

A lot of businesses are on multiple services so it might not be as big of an issue as one would think. I definitely need to see if the places I usually order from on Eat24 are still in the Yelp app though.

8. Mansu944 macrumors regular

Why is Yelp still a thing? They are scumbags and shakedown artists.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Huh? You can. Ever since Tesco and Sainsbury’s supported Apple Pay pretty much most shops were on board and has been that way since... 2016 maybe? Can’t recall when I last brought my wallet out with me :)

10. FactVsOpinion macrumors 6502

Nope. Can’t pay for groceries at any of 6 nearest places to me: Vons, Target, Ranch, Food for Less, Ralphs, or Walmart.

and I’m not exactly living in the sticks; Southern California.

11. tmiw macrumors 68000

Vons just recently got support. And if you mean "99 Ranch", they've had it for a bit too.

Other Southern California-located grocery stores supporting it: Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Sporuts, Stater Bros, Smart And Final.

12. FactVsOpinion macrumors 6502

Great, I’ll try Vons again. But all those other you mentioned are out if the way for me.

13. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Vons will soon be getting it (as announced by their owner Albertsons/Safeway). I can’t wait.

I’m also in SoCal.

Stater Bros has had it for years now. They’re not super close to me, but I go sometimes for their great meat sales.

ETA: agreed, 99 Ranch Market has had it for a long time.