Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yelp VS AroundMe

• AroundMe

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Yelp

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
which one you guys like the most :)

Yelp: Looking for a burrito joint open late? An Irish pub nearby? A gas station you can drive to before your tank hits empty? Yelp for iPhone is here to help. Use it to search for places top eat, shop, drink, relax and play then read reviews from an active community of locals in the know.

Aroundme: the app identifies your position and allows you to choose the nearest Bank, Bar, Gas Station, Hospital, Hotel, Movie Theater, Restaurant, Supermarket, Theater, or Taxi, these being the search categories available. As soon as you select one of them, AroundMe shows you a complete list of all the businesses in that respective area, along with the distance from where you are. The app also displays the location on a Map, enabling a view of the route from where you are.

throwbookatface

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
What about AroundMe vs. Where?Which do you all prefer? I think AroundMe and Where are more direct competitors. I like AroundMe's favorite list, linking to Google Maps/routes, easy access to taxis, and no-frills use. I downloaded Where but haven't used it much. What do you guys think of Where?

xilosen

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2009
I prefer GoodFood for just restaurants and such. The one feature it has over any of the others is that it hooks into Google Maps and pinpoints all the locations.

throwbookatface

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
I prefer GoodFood for just restaurants and such. The one feature it has over any of the others is that it hooks into Google Maps and pinpoints all the locations.

AroundMe does that too, but I'll try that app too. Looks like a good one. Thanks.

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
around me

i use around me more than yelp, i actually use yellow pages app if around me doesnt find something that one usually does and vice versa

ddrueckhammer

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2004
America's Wang
AroundMe does that too, but I'll try that app too. Looks like a good one. Thanks.

Yeah I think Urbanspoon does too. I might re-download the other ones suggested here but I found Urbanspoon had a cleaner interface than Yelp before. Maybe Yelp has more users but I haven't had any problem with finding restaurants with UrbanSpoon and I rarely need to find anything besides that... The ratings seem pretty spot on on UrbanSpoon since all of my favorites are top rated lol...

I need to try Around Me and GoodFood too though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.