Yemeni plane crash

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Cave Man, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

2. Surely Guest

Surely

How is this related to Michael Jackson? Other things are allowed to go on in the world?

/All joking aside, it's very sad that all those people died in the crash.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The nose broke of the plane broke first, just like Michael Jackson's.

Anyway, back on topic. Really sad news. Plane crashes are the worst. The last 5 minutes of their life must have been an absolute terror. :eek:

4. brax.j macrumors regular

Why both companies have planes crash most of the time crashes are due to pilot error not the plane. Also, the chances of you getting on a plane of any type that will crash is very slime and lower than you getting in a car accident going to the airport.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hopefully it isn't traced to the carbon fiber reinforced tails falling off both planes.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

Where is your data from?

7. brax.j macrumors regular

8. Surely Guest

Surely

Thanks. 

Look everyone! Someone backed a claim with facts! And on the internets too! :D

9. brax.j macrumors regular

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

What kind of bull*h8t planes are these guys making over at Airbus.. :mad:

11. brax.j macrumors regular

See my above post both Airbus and Boeing have similar safety records and most of the time crashes are caused by pilot error not something wrong with the plane.

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah I guess you're right, you can't always blame the planes.

Thing that sucks though is that, because of one or two guys, you end away the lives of hundreds of people.

13. brax.j macrumors regular

Ya, but so few errors actually end up in a plane crash that air travel is very safe.

14. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

This tit for tat between advocates of the two big manufacturers is a little silly. What about the Turkish Air 737 that cracked in half approaching Schiphol or the British 777 that fell short of the runway at Heathrow?

It will be interesting to see what brought this 310 down though.

15. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

maybe its time for a new training curriculum for those who fly airbuses.. yikes!

16. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

cnn reporting that one small child is pulled out alive.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

18. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

It seems as if it was caused by a poor maintenance record… the bad weather was just the catalyst.
    BBC link
    What a way to bookend June… :(

19. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Yikes i think it was a airbus a-310 and i flew on one of those on the way to ireland on aer lingus:eek:

20. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

21. andrewsd macrumors 6502

Agh

I am flying on July 4th. That said alone its on an American holiday our independence day and I said I would never fly on such a holiday after 911 and I have to fly outta washigton dc to Germany. And my dillema is I am supposed to fly on a airbus a330 or a340. Both similar just the latter is 4engines not two and a tad bigger. But the a330 is the same one that airfrance was flying that went down. Apparently all the electronic gizmos that might have been the cause of the crash have been replaced but now I'm trying to reschedule my flight so I can take a trip 7 Boeing. I think I'm just being paranoid.

Posted quickly from my iPhone so don't bash to hard if there are a few typos. Also has anyone flown with united or lufthansa airlines And if so which one did you like better?

22. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

For international flight I have taken Lufthansa, not too bad, but I didn't feel they were as friendly as BA or KLM.

Boeing or Airbus, it don't matter to me. If the plane is going down, it is going down.

It is sad though when accidents might have been prevented if maintenance was done. The child surviving is a miracle, it is just not her time to go. Her ordeal must have been terrifying though. :(

23. Cave Man thread starter macrumors 604

Cave Man

Don't sweat it, you'll be fine. Just pop a couple of lunestas when you take off. ;)

Other than Southwest, all the US carriers suck compared to the internationals. Costs are higher because they have to fly to Rinky Dink, Idaho and other glorious metropolises, thus they cut services.

Best airline I've flown in Virgin Atlantic. It tops!

24. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

For international flights, US carriers are not too bad actually. I have flown AA to London, it was pretty decent.

25. brax.j macrumors regular

That is who I always fly with they have great service.

You are being paranoid like I said above you have a better chance of being in a car accident going to the airport than have the plane your in crash.