Yes another dropped calls thread....what # should I call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bababoey14, Jun 28, 2010.

1. bababoey14 macrumors regular

Today things just got worse....had like 4 dropped calls or the "call failed" even when I still had 2 bars once. My reception seems to drop now even when holding it with my right hand.

I just want to talk to someone and get some answers...not looking for any freebies. No excuse why Apple has not issued a statement....really is a slap in the face :mad:

2. FrazzledRazz macrumors newbie

I've been having the same problems... I went into Apple tonight and all they could tell me was that "according to Apple, there is nothing wrong with your phone" and that I need to wait until corporate says something. The genius guy hooked my phone up to his computer and apparently he could see how many dropped phone calls I've had... He said he only saw one. What a load of bull!!! 75-80% of my calls are dropping! Apple needs to get their stuff together fast.

3. zoman504 macrumors regular

I'm seeing this same problem, even with 2-3 bars and while holding the phone "correctly". I got the same BS run around, that they can't do anything until Apple okays it. I'm beginning to get very frustrated. I'll give it a week or so, then will return if there's no solution announced (which I really really don't want to do!).

4. Cubs08 macrumors member

Same thing here. Went from 2G to iPhone 4 and now I'm getting tons of dropped calls or echo calls. I'm staying away from the lower left, so it's some other problem.

Apple told me to do a restore which I will try tonight. Based on what I'm hearing, I don't hold out much hope.

It's so frustrating because this is an awesome phone in every other way.

5. ckhris macrumors member

My dropped calls started about a month ago with 3GS. iPhone 4 same issue, crappy carrier.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

Verizon is no better; I typically drop 40% of calls made in my town. Verizon says it's normal. The phone is not a smartphone; just an ordinary flip phone.

7. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I tried calling but apple care is closed at 6pm lol. It's really unprofessional for Apple to not acknowledge the problem by now and give some kind of statement.

Everyone should call them non-stop until they do the right thing....

8. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I have the dropped calls as well. Moreover, I have full bars and hardly any 3G service that works. Sometime it does, mostly it just hangs without the page loading. Am I alone on this? I get jacked up speedtest that get frozen by latency issues.

Never had this before, and I am not certain it is the phone or the network.

Any ideas? Sorry for the partial hijack, did not want to start another thread.

9. zoman504 macrumors regular

I'm seeing the page loading hangs, as well. Even when I have decent service. I'm confused too, I can't tell if it's my phone, the software, or if my service area just really sucks (despite showing 3-5 bars).

10. aristobrat macrumors G5

I'm not defending their actions, but Apple typically won't acknowledge a problem until its ready to announce a fix.

So when you say "I just want to talk to someone to get answers", the person you call at AppleCare doesn't have any special information that is being withheld from the public.

Apple employees are told during orientation to not speculate. If information isn't publicly available on apple.com, then you don't discuss it. Sounds like a lot of AppleCare agents are skipping this rule now, just to calm people down. If you look thru the forum here, you can easily find at least 20 threads where "Apple told me this...", where what the AppleCare person said is directly opposite of what another AppleCare person told someone else.

So realistically, your options are to either sit tight until Apple does the right thing and acknowledge the issue, or just return your iPhone for a refund, and purchase again, if Apple acknowledges and fixes the problem.

But seriously, at this point in the game (5 days after launch), calling AppleCare to get a proper answer isn't likely to happen.

11. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the viewpoint. It would be easier and appropriate for apple to just say...."we realize some iphone 4 customers are having an issue and we are looking into the matter". This would at least let us know they are working on it.....instead some people are being told "there is no issue...hold your phone differently or get a case"

12. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

That's too much of an acknowledgement. It's harder for them to deny the problem at a later date if they promise to look into it or release a software fix.